WHAT I CAN AND CANNOT DO FOR LOVE-- HIVE LEARNERS CONTEST ( WEEK 4 EDITION 2)
Love is a beautiful thing. When you are in love, nothing else matters. Your demeanor, composure, attitude changes, especially if it is your first love and he treats you like an angel. If he pampers me like the queen that I am.
Love is sweeter when the feelings are mutual and when you are free to express yourself in every way you can, knowing your limits anyways until you enter into a lasting bond of union.
When in love, it is important to use not just your heart but also your head. Thank you Hive Learners for this challenge, below are the extent I can go for love. What I would do for love and what I wouldn't take for love's sake.
THE EXTENT MY LOVE CAN GO–
I WILL DO ALL THESE FOR LOVE.
- For love, I would wait. If I love someone genuinely, I could wait for him to be ready. If we truly love ourselves, I have no doubt if it will lead to something permanent. I will wait on his promise and love will find a way.
- For love, I could tell a lie. I am sorry about this but here I mean that if I love someone dearly and I see what my family may see in him and kick against our relationship, I could lie on his behalf. 😂 Some parents may say you can't marry someone who has no place of his own. If he is squatting with a friend or has no good job at the moment, I may not tell them the whole truth because I know that his situation must surely change before they even find out. 😂😂
- For love, if I have the means, I could do for him, anything he would have done for me. For example, If I am the one blessed with a better job, I could buy him a car, I could even support him to buy him a house provided all documents read Mr and Mrs 😂
- For love, I would defend him from everyone else. I would always hear him out rather than believe a stranger and I would not let my family disrespect him in any way, especially when he misses family functions for any reason, no matter how flemzie his excuse is. We will talk about it at home but in public, I would defend him.
- For love, I will adore him, support him, help him, cherish and live for him 💪😂
WHAT I WOULDN'T DO FOR LOVE
Although we all have different opinions on this, but:
- For love, I will not consent to premarital sex. From the onset of the relationship, I am going to let him know his limits, if he loves me, he will wait. I will love him more when he respects my view and waits.
- For love, I won't forgive infidelity. If I am trying hard to resist pressures from men everywhere I go, he should not give in to slay queens in a skimpy skirt. I see extramarital affairs as a serious sin against God, one serious enough to stop the free flow of God's holy spirit in our life and in our marriage. He has no right to take that away from our home and be forgiven. I won't forgive that, sorry.
- For love, I won't like a relationship that shuts me out or restricts me from my family. They were my family before I met him, I can't throw our bond away because he fears they might intrude in his marriage. I know some men who ban their wives from visiting their parents nor allow their parents to visit them. I like to dialogue with him before commiting to anything serious and know how he treats family before I go into a lasting union with him.
- For love, I can not share a roof with a man who plays his fingers on me. My mum and Dad were married for 40years before Daddy died. I never heard them raising their voices at each other. I may not have the kind of union they had, I am different. That is why I will continue to be a good wife, controlling my tongue and managing my emotions. However, any husband that hits his wife for any reason, to me that husband has signed a separation warrant. Hitting, slapping or physically abusing me in any way show that his love for me has gone cold.
The list goes on and on. I could add more later, you know, hahaha
Dear readers, thanks for coming this far with the reading of this post. I like to ask, can you take a bullet for love? That got me thinking because there is nothing I wouldn't do for love. For this bullet case, permit to use pidgin English 😂
Na only God fit do that one for love o. I can't Kii myself. Hahahahahaha
Thanks for reading.