The Art of Self Care
In our busy lives where we run behind wealth and fame, almost all of us tend to forget ourselves. We forget the importance of good physical and mental health. We ignore our needs and our desires and put everything else above them. That's not right.
Self Care should be our number 1 priority. We must NOT ignore ourselves. Our worth is much more than what we believe and hence it's important that we give prime importance and attention to ourselves.
I've created a small infographic with ways defining the art of self-care.
- Eat Well - Take proper diet, proper meals at regular intervals. Never skip meals, they are defined for a purpose and each meal has its own value. Breakfast must be heavy, a lighter lunch, and a very light dinner with some intermediary healthy snacking in between. Keep yourself hydrated by drinking atleast 2L of water every day.
- Refresh Yourself - Work hard but take small breaks to stretch your body and relax your mind. Your mind will do wonders after a small break.
- Quality Time - Spend time with people you love. The feeling of compassion and care releases Happy hormones like dopamine and oxytocin that improves our mental health and stability.
- Wind Down- Take up activities that are light in nature, yet productive. Like gardening, loving your pets. Such activities give you a feeling of pleasure and at the same time adds value and makes your time worth it.
- Rest - Take a weekly off and use that time to relax. Take proper sleep and rest.
- Feed Your Spiritual Self - Do some Yoga and Meditation. This will help you identify your spiritual character and help you relax and get fresh.
- Know Yourself- Indulge in things you like. Your hobbies could be a great value add here.
Ignoring Self Care is easy but bad. If you can't value yourself, you will never be able to reach your maximum potential. Do it for yourself, you will realize what have you been missing all this while.