Bavarian Meatloaf with Semolina Spaetzle and Roasted Green Chili🇩🇪
Sa Wad Dee Ka 🙏 Hive community ^^
Cooking a dinner is the cute way to have a romantic evening together and enjoy a quality time at home date which is fit quite well under the current situation during the pandemic. There's nothing like a lovely meal outside the balcony and feel the winter wind with stunning city night view. 😀
🇩🇪 So today I'm cooking the Hackbraten with Semolina Spaetzle and Roasted Green Chili which is the traditional German favorite dish. These are a type of classic meatloaf that very popular throughout Germany. A Perfect meals for any time .😁
This is a very easy home made Hackbraten and Spatezle which there are a truly German Dish which I twisted the instructions for cooking the Spaetzle by myself because I don't have the machine for making them so let's see how I did adapts the method. Cooking always find the way. 😀
🇩🇪 Hackbraten is a perfect dish for an amazing evening. It's a cute chubby ball round up with bacon and minced meat which mixing between with 60% minced beef and 40% minced pork. Then seasoning with aromatic spices and Gherkins German pickled cucumber inside.
And I twisted recipe a bit because I’m not a big fan of parsley so I'll used the spring onion instead. 😆
You can do it in advance and store inside the fridge and just roasted it before your serving time and this dish oftenly enjoy with Semolina Spaetzel which is a kind of German beloved egg noodle dumplings. They are perfect healthy side dish and you can also cooked it and store in the fridge and just bring it out and toss them on the pan with garlic and butter. That's it! 😁
And I would like to served Roasted Green Chili along as the hot spicy side dish to heat up my dish by roasted it at the same time with Hackbraten then toss it with garlic and butter.
Here the ingredients
For making the Hackbraten Bavarian Meatloaf
- 600 Gram Minced Beef
- 400 Gram Minced Pork
- 8 Stripes Bacon
- 2 Gherkins German pickled cucumber
- 1 Onion
- 1 Red Onion
- 4 Clove Garlic
- 3 Spring Onion
- 1 Small French Bread
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Black Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon White Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Paprika
- 1 Teaspoon tarragon
- 1 Teaspoon Sage
- 1 Teaspoon Rosemary
- 1/2 Cup Milk
For making Semolina Spaetzle
- 2 Cup Duram Wheat Semolina
- 4 Egg
- 1 Cup Milk
- 3 Tablespoon Butter
- 1/2 Teaspoon White Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
For making Roasted Green Chili
- 300 Gram Green Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 1 Clove Garlic
- Pinch of Salt and White Pepper
How to Make Hackbraten German Meatloaf
- Dice the French Bread into a small cube.
- Boiled the milk with low heat and drop the French Bread cube into it and soak it.
- Sliced the spring onion and set aside.
- Let's dice the onions and chop the garlic first.
- Then heat the pan and drop the butter, garlic and onions then saute them and set asie.
- Dice the Gherkins German pickled cucumber.
Time to make the Chubby Hackbraten ball!
- Drop the minced beef and minced pork, egg, diced cucumber, spring onions, saute onions and garlic, soak French bread and mustard.
- Drop the white pepper, rosemary, tarragon, sage and paprika and mixing them together and seasoning with salt and black pepper.
Then rest them inside the fridge for at least 1 hour.
Let's wrap up the ball!
- Drop the mixing Hackbraten over the foil and shape it following your roasted tray then wrap it up with bacon.
Here the Cute Overload Hackbraten!
Roasted it with Air Flyer for 30 minutes with 180 Degree Celsius first.
After roasted for 30 minutes then drop the green chili and let's them roasted together for another 15 minutes more.
Stirred Fried the Roasted Green Chili!
- Drop the butter and garlic and roasted green chili into the pan and sprinkle the salt and pepper for seasoning and set aside.
Semolina Spaetzle Time!.
- Beat the Egg.
- Drop the Semolina into the pot and drop the butter and mixing them together and pour the milk and egg into it and whisk them together.
- Drop salt and pepper for seasoning.
- Stirred the battle over the low heat for 1 minute for turning the batter more thicker.
- Then boiled the water and cube the batter by tea spoon and drop it into the hot boiled water and let's its cook for 3 minutes and scoop them out from the pot.
Time to stirred fried the Semolina Spaetzle!
- Drop the butter into hot pan and drop the garlic and drop the Spaetzle and sprinkle with pepper, sale and garnish with spring onions.
Here the Hackbraten and Spaetzle!
A Perfect dinner with all night long.
Let's Slice the Hackbraten!
This is a very simple and tasty way to cook Hackbraten and Spaetzel.
These fantastic dish is a truly impress the cozy evening
Hopefully you guys got inspired by my recipe and turn your balcony into a cozy space and bring wonderful German Hackbraten and Spaetzle over your dinning table and had a lovely time to enjoy it with a person you love, family or friends. 🙏
Wishing you guys have a great week ahead. 🙏😀❤️🌸