Here & Now
- My loyalty is to Steem.
- My loyalty is not to someone else's opinions.
- Opinions are like assholes - we've all got one.
- I'm an asshole - LMAO, now ya get me.
- Steemit Inc has been working out a deal with TRON since November (to my knowledge).
- Steemit Inc finally reached an agreement with Justin Sun to sell their company.
- Justin Sun is a businessman and marketer.
- Justin Sun has used his stake before to sway votes.
- Once sold, Justin Sun made several tweets about his intentions.
- Intentions included moving Steem to TRON.
- Those intentions threaten our entire community.
- A soft fork was pushed through to halt Justin Sun's assets on chain.
- Those assets include delegations from a 'ninja mined' stake.
- The stakes are not allowed to vote, flag, power down or up and vote witnesses.
- A recent article on Coin Telegraph from @elipowell mentions a "reaction that came too soon".
Which Brings Us To:
- Burn it by sending it to null. (my personal choice)
- 'Burn it' by redistributing it to the DAO/SPS.
- Token swapping. (not a fan, but that's what Sun wants)
- SMT creation and application.
- Migration of Steemit to TRON.
- Migration of TRON dApps to Steem.
- Onboarding new users to TRON.
- Onboarding new users to Steem.
I Say, "Burn It, All Of It."
But do it anyway. It was 'ninja-mined', right? How has it, with it's 4 year bullshit promise, really helped to further the 'development of Steem projects'? Is that not what this whole mess seems to be hinging on? And you want to go on the word of another person that anything, will actually be done? This is where I become the asshole and slap you in the face with my opinion.
"But Witty, burning it all is not very practical." The most successful dApp outside of Steemit itself, is @splinterlands. To my knowledge (and correct me if I'm wrong guys), they didn't need any help from Steemit Inc whatsoever. @aggroed ran a @fundition campaign, but even more successfully, completed and superseded the requested funds in a Kickstarter campaign. Living proof that we can go to preschool without our mommy.
So, why do we need that stake at all? Why keep sucking on a deadbeat dad's titty? What, to try and milk it for all it's worth? Dad's don't have tits. If you think @justinsunsteemit is going to be a better babysitter than @ned, you all are VERY CONFUSED as to what you would want to happen, what will be discussed and agreed upon that should happen, and what will happen.
"Tokenizing the web."
Heard of our Spread Love, Not War campaign?
Want to support the fam too? You can -
Come visit with us in The Castle!
Join #thealliance curation trail!
Delegate to the family curation account - @thealliance!
50SP - 100SP - 500SP - 1000SP - 5000SP - 10,000SP - 50,000SP
Is Voting WITNESSES difficult?
Let me do it for you!
Set me as your PROXY VOTER!
@snook made this badass gif