Have you ever wanted to start to practice on the organ but found yourself sidetracked after a few days? Apparently your inner motivation wasn't enough.
I know how you feel. I also was stuck many times. What helped me was to find some external motivation as well.
In order for you to advance your organ playing skills and help you motivate to practice, my wife Ausra - @laputis and I invite you to join in a contest to submit your organ music and win some Hive.
Are you an experienced organist? You can participate easily. Are you a beginner? No problem. This contest is open to every organ music loving Hivian.
- It's sort of open mic contest for organ music - no limitation to length, level of difficulty, genre etc.
- It can be any organ piece, any hymn, any improvisation or any organ exercise.
It has to be performed by you without editing.
- Be sure to clearly state Secrets of Organ Playing Contest, the contest week number, your Hive user name, and the random contest entry word of the week. This week's password is "Screaming".
- Upload your entry to YouTube.
- Make a post about your entry on Hive (use https://peakd.com to post).
- Performance on pipe and electronic organs are valid.
- Performance on synthesizers is PERMITTED as long as you play real organ music.
- Use #secretsoforganplaying as your first tag. Optional: use #palnet, #neoxian, #creativecoin, #marlians, #tunes and #sonicgroove tags to earn additional tokens as well.
- Upvote and reblog this post on Hive.
- Comment this post on Hive with link to your entry and video so people can see and listen to it.
- The contest is open until next Tuesday 12:00 PM UTC.
Every participating entry will receive a portion of our upvotes (we apologise that we can no longer give 100 percent upvotes with so many participants in our contests). Additionally, the winners will share 20 HIVE prize fund.
This week we will pick the winners based on what sounded the most interesting and best performed to you.
Our goal here is to support the community while motivating you to practice, inspiring to create some amazing music and adding more smiles to everyone's day.
Questions, comments, ideas? Please let us know your feedback about this contest.
Support our fellow contestants - upvote, reblog and comment their entry to let them know specifically what did you appreciate about their music.
Also stay tuned for the post about winners from last week!
We hope to see even more entries next week!
And remember, when you practice, miracles happen!
You can support me on Patreon: https://patreon.com/secretsoforganplaying