To boldly go...

in #ocdlast year (edited)

IMG_20200121_103645.jpg

I made a wonderful fix that I want to share. Something that, probably, no one has done before. May be I should have found a replacement for this item, but that could be not so easy in this place.

It is a toilet flapper I repaired. The rubber seems to have shrunk a little and doesn't seal properly. I used some foam sheets to extend the area covered by the rubber.

I tested this fix in another flapper and, incredibly, it has lasted five years!
I'm sure, nonetheless, you'll prefer to buy a new flapper.

Below you can see the process. Enjoy the wonder...


Text and images belong to @toronyor


IMG_20200121_103656.jpg

IMG_20200121_103708.jpg

IMG_20200121_103925.jpg

IMG_20200121_104250.jpg

IMG_20200121_104329.jpg

IMG_20200121_104411.jpg

IMG_20200121_104638.jpg

IMG_20200121_104800.jpg

IMG_20200121_104822.jpg

IMG_20200121_105012.jpg

IMG_20200121_105150.jpg

IMG_20200121_105509.jpg

IMG_20200121_120558.jpg

IMG_20200121_120619.jpg

IMG_20200121_120746.jpg

IMG_20200121_121045.jpg
at the end, I had to cut the "skirt" a little

Sort:  
 last year Reveal Comment