With the changes the new hard fork(s) bring, MinnowBooster is making some changes too. Some to how our payouts to vote sellers work, some to our ToS.
It's important to remember that with the new downvote pool, people will likely flag a lot more. We cannot refund losses due to downvotes, as these are a tool for the community to regulate itself.
Here's the summary!
Our P2P vote selling allows the sellers to keep the curation rewards. This is not possible for those who delegate to the bot, which is why we decided to relinquish our 15% fee on the @minnowbooster bot.
- P2P vote sellers receive Full curation rewards + 85% of SBD paid for the vote, note that after HF21 curation rewards are now 50% of the post value, pre-hard fork it was 25%.
- Delegators to the bot receive 100% of earned SBD paid to the bot
If you've bought a vote via MinnowBooster before, you've probably encountered our upvote calculator.
At the moment, the calculator assumes linear rewards, but those only apply after a certain overall payout value. The calculated rewards can thus fluctuate between -50% and +20%. Please keep that in mind when buying smaller votes!
We will be adding a disclaimer to the site soon.
Terms of Service
The changes to our ToS aim to ensure the ethical use of MinnowBooster (MB). We will enforce the new ToS even stricter than before, so act responsibly! Abusers that upvote content in violation of our ToS will have the upvote removed without a refund of payment.
What constitutes as abuse of @minnowbooster?
- Using multiple accounts to post duplicate content and purchasing MB votes for them
- Using multiple accounts to post low-quality content and purchasing MB votes
- Upvoting posts that are written in copy/paste style
- Using a MB vote for very short or repetitive content. Length is subjective, but 150 words is a good safe guideline.
- Using MB with automation scripts and bots
- Scraping information from the MB website
Rules for Photography
- Posts containing only a single photo are not allowed
- Posts must contain supporting text and show significant effort in terms of production value (location, setup, lighting, and subject)
Rules for Art, Videos, and Animation
- Content must be originally produced by the author and contain supporting text
- Memes are not considered art
Rules for Public Domain Content
- Sources and Authors must be correctly cited and linked to original content
Topics barred from upvotes
- Violence, self-harm, gore
- Politics & political opinion
- Drugs and other illegal substances
- Scams and pyramid schemes
If you want to upvote a post, consider the individual circumstances. A small upvote for a short post may be okay on occasion, but keep our rules in mind.
Users who violate our Terms of Service regarding upvotes will face the following consequences:
- Your post may be unvoted by MinnowBooster
- You will not receive a refund for the original upvote
- Your account can be blacklisted
- User errors while using our upvote or delegation services are non-refundable
- Violation of the ToS can result in temporary or permanent blacklisting. In case a user is blacklisted, the first 10 transactions to Minnowbooster will be returned with a warning in the transaction memo. No further refunds will occur after the 10th
- Users that frequently abuse other Steem users may also be added to the blacklist, regardless of their vote-buying behavior.
- MinnowBooster and BuildTeam shall not be liable for any losses whatsoever suffered from blockchain downtime and hard forks, losses may include no payouts for the duration of the downtime, low/no voting demand in the days preceding or following the event, failed votes etc.
If you have any questions or encounter violations of our ToS, please feel free to reach out on our Discord server!
( Want an easier way? Use our SteemConnect proxy link! )