War may have killed billions of people since the dawn of time but there are other factors which are equally merciless. And as in war, the big guys suffer the least and the people on the field die by the bushel. I am speaking about the lack of Fundamental Human Rights - Capitalist, Socialist, Muslim, Jew, Christian, Hindu, White, Asian, African - ALL die if these are taken away.
Air which does no imminent harm
Water fit for drinking
Food- minimum 800 calories a day
Shelter from fierce weather
These four should be non-debatable; we expect that the worse of the criminals and even animals farmed from slaughter are kept in humane conditions- so atleast the same for human beings.
1 . AIR
- The World Health Organization estimated in 2014 that every year air pollution causes the premature death of some 7 million people worldwide. Studies published in March 2019 indicated that the number may be around 8.8 million.- Wikipedia
2 . WATER
- 663 million people did not have access to improved sources of drinking water -Wikipedia. Moreover by 2050 globally nearly 300 large cities will face acute water shortage.
- "If cities are essentially drinking rivers dry, that has really bad effects on the fish and the reptiles and everything else in the river," Sydneymorningherald
3 . FOOD
- The UN noted that about 2 billion people do not consume a sufficient amount of vitamins and minerals - wikipedia
4 . SHELTER
- 1.6 billion, or more than 20% of the global population, lack adequate housing - Yalegolobal
Least we can do is oppose WAR and large scale displacement. We will soon need to face many problems for which we do not have easy solutions.