We shared some great words on @definitions this week. Our words of the week are:
Check out this video to practice listening and to hear how the words are pronounced with an American English accent.
Definitions and Example Sentences
Absolution (Noun) - forgiveness,pardon, or release
- The people of the kingdom protested when the King offered absolution to the criminal
- Absolution may remove the punishment, but it does not guarantee that the criminal has changed.
Blatant (adjective) - obvious
- His blatant disregard for traffic laws caused the accident.
- The blatant lie caused more distrust between the members of the family.
Ensconce (Verb) - establish firmly in a position
- After her reelection, the politician was ensconced as the opposition party leader.
- The businessman plans to ensconce his son as the newest vice president in his company.
Laceration (Noun) - a cut
- The doctor covered the man's laceration with a bandage.
- People are more likely to die from infection than the actual laceration.
Write the words of the week in one or more sentences. I will stop by to give you feedback on the sentences you write.
Thanks for stopping by!