It says that 2 Carinthians are enough for a choir, but I'm half Tyrolean, so I have absolutely no idea of music nor can I sing 😂
I like to listen to music, although I really do not have any special preferences. Usually it is only background music, but sometimes I have to put my earphones in and listen to music that suits to my mood, which is sometimes angry 😠 and sometimes sad or melancholic 😥 when I need my earphones. That can be Rammstein or Lindsay Sterling as well as Elvis Presley or The Who, but never ever I listen to Austrian Country Music 😉
Mark Knopfler - Cal
But today I want to share one of my favorite Music Albums for situations when I just want to relax and sail away with my thoughts after a long working day. It is Music by Mark Knopfler from the film Cal which came out in 1984 when I was 19, a few months after I left the army after 8 months of military service.
By this time I moved in my first own tiny apartment in a town rather far away from home and I felt much alone because I knew nobody there. Such music helped me a lot till the times got better a while later ;)
There's no hidden gem in this album, because the songs are all gems for me, but if you'd ask me which song I like best I'd say "Father and Son". I still get goosebumps from the song like the first time I heard it.
The rules of the challenge are:
- Tell me about an album you love and tell me about the standout album track on it.
- Don't tell me about any singles on your album. I want to hear about that hidden gem that is tucked away and not played on the radio.
- Give me a story about the album, how you learned about it, and most importantly highlight that special album track
- Challenge THREE more people to do the same. It's good to write, especially about music. It’s a passion.
- Make sure you add these rules to your post and feel free to use the format I use below.
- Post your Music Challenge article in the MUSIC Community #hive-193816
- If you want to write a post and have not been challenged, then do so.
- Prefix your post "Writing Music Challenge" so it's easy to spot.
See the Album on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mkwkXk8YEBzGiOILvkJjIgap9qd-Xudis. It starts with a quite famous song I believe: Irish Boy
Almost forgotten: one rule says I have to challenge three more people, what sounds easy, but isn't somehow. So I'm asking
to participate in this challenge and hope no one is offended because I didn't ask him or her 😊
Well, that was it - a quite unusual post for me, but at least I could take photos of the CD version of the album and play a bi twith them in PhotoShop ;)
If you like my work I would appreciate an upvote, nice comment or maybe you want to share my post on your blog 😊 ... and maybe you would like to follow me, so that you never miss a post from me.
Thank you so much for visiting my blog,
have a nice evening,
Photos and Text: @johannpiber | Johann Piber | All rights reserved - do not use without my permission
Not got a Hive account yet? Sign up free here!
#hive5 from Austria