We shared some great words on @definitions this week. Our words of the week are:
Check out this video to practice listening and to hear how the words are pronounced with an American English accent.
Definitions and Example Sentences
Symbiosis (Noun) - A mutually beneficial relationship between two organisms, people, or group
- The symbiosis between the old man and young woman was unique. He needed her youth. She needed his wisdom.
- If more countries engaged in symbiosis, there might be less war.
Enhance (Verb) - To improve or make better
- We should always be looking for new ways to enhance our existing products.
- The team worked to enhance their workflows so that they could be more efficient.
Credible (Adjective) - Believable
- Although the criminal appeared credible, investigators proved that he had lied.
- Actors practice their craft because they want to appear credible on stage.
Talisman (Noun) - A lucky charm
- The medicine man sold talismans that were supposed to keep people healthy.
- Mark is superstitious. He carries around a rabbit foot as a talisman.
Write the words of the week in one or more sentences. I will stop by to give you feedback on the sentences you write.
Thanks for stopping by!