This video didn't come out as precise and clear as I would of liked, but I think my concerns came through. To keep the video short I didn't go into dependents with disability or elderly which I think have other good cases.
My simplified reasons for why dependent should be included retroactively and in the next stimulus check:
- Family needs to cover expenses
- Abusive households that students might be returning to or where students would have been able to partially escape through school
- 16-18 got $0 last time and their parents got $0. It doesn't make sense they still eat. The same goes for college students, elderly, and those with disabilities.
- Student loans
- Cost incurred from moving across the country, flights, leases signed at university locations
- Future economic outlook for college students (no summer jobs, internships, and bad job market for those graduating)
I don't understand why this group of people was not included. This video offer no financial advice.