Well, last night I had a rough sleep. I don't know what caused it, but it was rough. I got up in the morning and checked my #ouraring and yep, the best I got was a 79.
I tried to stay in bed longer, but my partner needed help with the kids so I tore myself out of bed.
Sleep is critical
I'm an knowledge worker, I need my brain to get work done and if I don't sleep well my productivity goes out the window.
What I'm doing today is shifting my schedule around hoping that I get a better sleep tonight. To increase my odds of that I'm going to do the following:
- when this is published I'm going for a 20min nap so I will be even mildly productive this afternoon
- light lunch
- go for a walk (need to stay active)
- NO ALCHOL or caffeine this afternoon
Then, when its time to start getting ready for bed I'm going to make sure that:
- The room is cool
- No screens for at least 1hr before bed
- phone stays in the living room
- Shower right before bed.
- normal bed time
I will report back on how it works out, and tomorrow I will be sure to be doubly productive.