Some classics for the collection
This one is a classic science experiment and while I didn't have one myself, I knew about it and with a remade version which isn't too different to the other original one, I grabbed a 3 pack off Amazon to enjoy having them and using one when I feel like watching.
It helps to get you thinking about how things actually work, to think of bigger things and to get focus, it does for me at least like the Newton's Cradle does and gives you a good sense of physics/science to enjoy at the same time.
It works like this:
- When water evaporates from the fuzz on the Dippy Bird's head, the head is cooled.
- The temperature decrease in the head condenses the methylene chloride vapor, decreasing the vapor pressure in the head relative to the vapor pressure in the abdomen.
- The greater vapor pressure in the abdomen forces fluid up through the neck and into the head.
- As fluid enters the head, it makes the Dippy Bird top-heavy.
- The bird tips. Liquid travels to the head. The bottom of the tube is no longer submerged in liquid.
- Vapor bubbles travel through the tube and into the head. Liquid drains from the head, displaced by the bubbles.
- Fluid drains back into the abdomen, making the bird bottom-heavy.
- The bird tips back up.
If the bird dips into a cup of water, the fuzzy material absorbs water again and the cycle starts over.
Steps taken from How Stuff Works
X-Men LCD Handheld game
Back as a kid I had one of these, not an X-Men one but a couple of others like Double Dragon and Mortal Kombat. So it was only natural that when I found this one on Amazon, I was going to include it in my purchase. You have the simple movement and two buttons for attacking and jumping, which was a lot of fun back then and would be now too, for me. It was a more simple time for games as handheld games mostly had the two button and movement even with the Gameboy, but consoles came out with only a couple more buttons at first as time went on but now, we have many buttons. 🙃
Of course I am keeping it in the packaging though due to being more of a collector, no matter how much I feel I want to pull it out to play and enjoy, I will for now enjoy having it until I get another in the future.
Classic Nickelodeon cartoon characters shirt
Some of my favourite cartoons are represented here minus Catdog because it was on the other shirt which didn't have my size 😌 but I am happy it has others like Rocko's Modern Life, Hey Arnold, Rugrats, Aahh Real Monsters and Ren & Stimpy. Back in primary school it started which continued into high school due to not going out so much and just loving my cartoons and games, it made me happy and I was fine with the (my early adulthood from 19 - 25 years old I went out much more).
You can't have a nostalgia collection without having clothes that will go with the toys and games you are collecting, eventually gadgets and stuff as well. It's a matter of finding the things and having money to get them.