Do you ever wonder about "chance" dear reader? And whether there are ever any random coincidences or are all events in our lives for a reason?
While I could write a lot about that, this afternoon I would just like to keep it simple and give you a great example of what would prompt me to ask these questions.
I find the writing of @joshman to be "straight up" and, while I may not agree with everything he (or anyone else) has to say, I like to read what is on his mind. In his post this morning, he talks reality about the future of the Hive blockchain. In my reply, I asked whether in future communities, some of the Hive blockchain's "sharp edges" might become a little more manageable.
I did so, having just read one of the best posts, written by @blocktrades, of my +2 years "in here" on the technical details behind the superiority of the Hive blockchain over alternative designs. In my reply, I asked if that superiority will provide an excellent foundation for new SMT-based communities, once that long-promised feature of this "virtual world" appears.
I had communities and what they represent for my investment in HIVE heavily "on my mind," when I resumed some browsing around, before heading out for the day.
Inside, he explained he was working in a "corner" of a new community - The Man Cave community. I had never heard of it. I don't know how many communities are linked to the Hive blockchain, but honestly I pass most of them by, as I normally have neither the interest and especially the time, to check them out.
But this one, I decided to check it out ... Sure glad I did!
Am I the only red-blooded American male who feels there is an almost constant "drone" of noise about men this, men that, and men the other? All of which is almost never positive? The champions of Critical Theory have been devastatingly effective (another post for another time, maybe ...) in portraying men as oppressors in just about every way imaginable.
My first impressions were quickly favorable to the overall effort being made to create a little corner of the Hive blockchain for men. Men working with men was emphasized. Supporting points were well enough made that I quickly made some key decisions (while I am a lot of things, dear reader, indecisive is not one of them ...).
Needing to get on with my day, I went through several steps pretty quickly:
- Followed the links provided by @ecoinstant to some of the community details. Glanced through a few of the posts and was favorably impressed by most of them. So, I subscribed to the The Man Cave community.
- Checked into several of the posts of the @brofund account, after learning this account was a key support account for the community. In glancing through these, I learned about the BRO token and the commitment to its future.
- As a result of the impressions left by some quick due diligence,
made my first ever Hive Engine purchasesof a new token - 20 BRO tokens. I did this utilizing the one other time I had made a Hive Engine purchase, as discussed in my LeoDex post, on my experience increasing my LEO token stake. Note: For any inclined to do likewise and buy some BRO tokens, I would encourage you to read this post about using LeoDex to get HIVE moved into Hive Engine. The cost of doing so is considerably less - "a penny saved is a penny earned" ...
- Joined the community's Discord server and, in the very limited time I had available, was quickly met by some warm engagement with @raymondspeaks, @simplifylife, and @goldstreet. This provided a great reinforcement of the decisions I had already made ... 👍
What does the future hold for this new community? While encouraging "man stuff," how successful will they be in channeling men's energies into an overall positive direction? 🤷♂ Your "crystal ball" is likely at least as good as mine, dear reader.
Obviously I am optimistic and hopeful!
Interested in learning more? Here are some helpful links:
- Follow the money: The market in Hive Engine for the BRO token. A check of my wallet and you will find confirmation of my purchase earlier of 20 BRO. Depending on how it goes, I may buy considerably more than that.
- The most recent post of the @brofund account actively engaged in supporting those in the community. BRO token holders receive 50% of the @brofund account's curation rewards daily.
- The Discord server for The Man Cave community. "Come on over" and check it out!
So ... An "impulse buy" @roleerob? 😳 Yes! 😉 My only "defense" is a lot of confidence in my "gut instinct" and it seemed like a good idea in looking through all I saw about this new community earlier today.
Especially "in light" of the related exchanges I had engaged in earlier. Coincidence? "Meant to be?" You decide. I’d love to hear any feedback you may be inspired to provide.
Until "next time," all the best to you for a better tomorrow, as we all work together to build up our Hive Communities and add increasing value to our Hive blockchain! 👍 😊
Hive Blogger @roleerob
🐝 🍯 🐝
PeakD: An awesome interface for our Hive blockchain.
Check it out!
This account is protected by @dustsweeper