Users earning LEO , have they voted for LeoFinance as witness? Analysis .
Good evening to one and all . I hope you all are doing great .
I have been doing some analysis of various projects here on Hive . Although I discovered Hive ( STEEM ) in its early days , I didn't stay . I came back in 2020 November and I started being active from then on , the real reason behind this is LeoFinance .
The linear curation reward implementation , the onboarding process , the manual curation by whales , comments getting recognition , all of these impressed me a lot and I not only decided to stay but I voted LeoFinance as my witness as well because of all the great contributions from them to Hive ecosystem .
Today I want to share with you guys some data regarding LeoFinance earners and witness votes .
Couple of months ago ( when I cameback to Hive) LeoFinance was at 30th position in witness ranking . Today we are at 24th position .
We have to climb 4 positions from here .
If you haven't voted yet , please visit here and vote now -
Click on approve witness .
What data am I sharing below ?
- The data is related to LEO earners and whether those earners have voted or not .
- The data for earning is taken for a period of 31 days from 14th April to 15th May .
- The data ( the amount of HP and everything else ) is taken on 16th May at around 3 PM UTC . So if you see any difference in amount of HP , it is earned or gained during this one day period .
This will be a long post again so bear with me .
What steps have I followed to arrive at final results ?
- First I have taken the LEO earning stats for the above mentioned period .
- I have checked whether they have voted for LeoFinance as witness .
- If 2 is false ( they have not voted ) then I have marked initially_voted as "not_voted"
- If 2 is true ( if they have voted ) then I have marked initially_voted as "voted"
- Then I have checked if those people who haven't voted have used proxy , if yes I have checked whether the proxy has voted for LeoFinance or not . If proxy has voted then I have assigned the original user as "voted" in final_status_of_voting .
- If the user who has not_voted haven't used proxy or if he has used proxy and if the proxy hasn't voted for LeoFinance then I have set the final_status_of_voting as "not_voted" .
- Final_status_of_voting for all users who have initially voted for LeoFinance are automatically marked as "voted" in final_status_of_voting .
Let's go for it now .
Total users who earned Leo during this period = 2759 users .
Out of these 2759 users,not considering proxy- how many have voted for LeoFinance as witness and how many haven't ?
So 2048 haven't voted ( not considering proxy ) for LeoFinance and 711 have voted .
So almost a 25% and 75% proportion .
Now let's add proxy votes into this .
Blue color what you can see is those who haven't used proxy and orange is those who have used proxy .
What does this tell us ?
First we had 2048 non voters right ?
Now among those - 158 have actually voted for LeoFinance through a proxy .
So 2048 - 158 = 1890 .
Out of these 1890 , 80 have used proxy but those proxies haven't voted for LeoFinance . ( Keep this in mind because we will come back to this later ) .
Remaining 1810 have neither used proxy nor voted themselves for LeoFinance .
Now shift those who have voted through proxy to "voted" side .
Now this is the final status . Through proxy or no proxy , these are the number of people who have earned LEO in the above period and their voting status .
1890 haven't voted , 869 have voted .
Thanks to the proxies , the proportion just increased from 25% to 31.5% .
Now let us see how many non-voters have earned LEO compared to how many voters have earned LEO .
The 139906 and 98553 is the amount of LEO earned .
So if we take the 1890 people who haven't voted for LEO , they are earning more than the 869 users who have voted for LEO as witness .
But without taking HP into consideration , we cannot do anything .
What does this mean ?
See there are many users who have created a separate account for tribes ( me too , @amr008.leo ) .
That particular account has 0 HP ( base HP ) but has earned quite a bit of LEO due to curation so it doesn't matter it that particular account votes or doesn't vote .
So if we have to infer something , we gotto take HP into account too . Let us see that now .
0.001 to 10 LEO earning users
These users forms the majority . They haven't earned too much of LEO , they have earned between 0.001 to 10 LEO in the above period .
First box = Number of users who have earned LEO between 0.001 and 10 and their final voting status.
- So 1454 people who haven't voted for LeoFinance as witness have earned between 0.001 to 10. 458 who have earned between 0.001 and 10 have voted for Leo as witness.
Second box = Quantity of LEO earned by all of them together .
- Those who haven't voted have earned 3032 LEO . So per user average is 2.085 LEO . Those who have voted have earned 1162 , their earning average is 2.53 LEO per user .
Third box = Amount of HP these accounts hold , this is the most important metric here .
- The users who have earned 3032 LEO and who haven't voted have 12 Million HP with them ( base HP ) . If all of them voted , we can go atleast 2 places up ?
10 to 100 LEO earning users
This is good to see .
- Almost equal number of users .
- Almost equal number of earnings in LEO .
- But these people who have earned 10 to 100 have actually voted for LeoFinance more when it comes to HP .
- But there are still 305 users who have earned considerable amount of LEO ( > 10 and <=100 ) but haven't voted . They can add 2 Million HP for us .
100 to 1000 LEO earning users .
We are seeing a pattern here , are you observing ? If we take the amount of LEO earned , as it increases the number of users who have voted for LEO also increases .
- There are 87 users who have earned more than 100 LEO . ( total of 44k LEO , that's huge ) but haven't voted for LEO . Although their HP is just around 800k , they should still be voting for LeoFinance . It doesn't matter if they have just 10 HP in their account , they should vote is my opinion .
Above 1000 LEO earning users.
Exactly equal number of users here .
Now most of them who have huge HP have voted already . Those who haven't voted have just 71k HP with them but they should definitely be voting for LeoFinance .Most of these accounts are actually Leo team accounts except a few which holds very very less HP except for one user who holds 90% of 71095 HP .
Now note that , there are actually many users who have voted for LeoFinance as witness but haven't earned LEO in the above mentioned period . They haven't been included in the post because they haven't earned any LEO .
So right now we need 13M Hp votes more to reach the 20th position . 2 M Hp more to reach 23rd position ( 1 step above ) .
2M HP can actually be done by the users who belong to 10 to 100 LEO earning category . These people should be our second priority .
First priority must go to the users who are earning between 0 to 10 HP .
These 1890 , if we get them to vote for LeoFinance by showing them how LeoFinance is contributing to Hive ecosystem we will reach the top 20 .
We don't need to focus on those ( right now ) outside of LeoFinance at all . We should focus on those users who are earning LEO itself , they can make us hit the top 20 .
I went and checked out of 1810 users who haven't voted and haven't used proxy either , have they voted for anyone else ? - 917 out of 1810 have voted for nobody .
That means we need to create more awareness , it's not like they aren't supporting LeoFinance by supporting others , it's just they have no idea maybe about all this .
That's it from me today . I hope you got some kind of insight from this post .
Posted Using LeoFinance Beta