Dear chess friends!
Round 3 of Hivechess Season 5 will start tomorrow at the usual time!
It will be this time a little faster again and in Swiss mode! Please check here, if you are part of the team. Only team members can join Swiss tournaments in Lichess. It is just one click to join.
Time Mode: 3+1 (3 minutes per game, 1sec. increment), 9 rounds Swiss mode
Tournament Link: https://lichess.org/swiss/XlQHi1Ig
Time difference from Greenwich Mean Time GMT 20.00:
|Los Angeles||-7 hours||13.00h|
|New York, Venezuela||−4 hours||16.00h|
|UTC, GMT, Reykjavik, Freetown||0||20.00h|
|Paris, Munich, Madrid, Nigeria, Vienna||+1 hours||21.00h|
|Moscow, Les'ky, Istanbul||+3 hours||23.00h|
|Beijing, Hong Kong, Singapore||+8 hours||04.00h|
GMT time converter: https://time.is/en/GMT
- For Hivers, Steemians, Blurters and all others!
- Players of all skill levels are welcome, from newbies to experts, you just need a free Lichess-account!
- Every Friday is one round
- Time mode is varying (5+0, 3+2,...), rated, berserking allowed (except in Swiss mode)
- The winner of each round gets 8 points, the second 7,... and the 8th 1 point. In case two players have the same number of points, the one who played less rounds is first. If that is equal too, then the average tournament performance decides.
- PAYOUT: This season goes over 11 rounds and the tournament points are summed up. All Hivechess-related post rewards are pooled and 90% go to the price pool (PP). The tournament winner will get 20 Hive bonus and the rest of the PP is divided among all players according to (1) the no. of rounds played and (2) the tournament points achieved (1 and 2 weighed equally), but only if a player has participated at least 3 times (if no games are played in a round it will be not counted)! So everyone has a chance to get something and the more you play the better! With this change the majority of players will get more compared to the previous system.
- If I don´t know your Hive username, I can´t consider you in the rankings, so please let me know your Hive name in the comments or in the Lichess chat
- If you have not yet joined our team in Lichess, please do it here, so that you can participate (required for Swiss tournaments only).
Swiss Tournament Rules
There are several differences between the "normal" arena mode and the Swiss mode which needs to be considered:
|Arena tournaments||Swiss tournaments|
|Duration of the tournament||Predefined duration in minutes||Predefined max rounds, but exact duration unknown|
|Number of games||As many as can be played in the allotted duration||Decided in advance, same for all players|
|Pairing system||Any available opponent with similar ranking||Best pairing based on points and tie breaks|
|Pairing wait time||Fast: doesn't wait for all players||Slow: waits for all players|
|Streaks & Berserk||Yes||No|
|Points||Win:2, Draw 1, doubled if on fire||Win:1, Draw: 1/2, Not paired: 1|
|Late joiners||get no points||get 1/2 point gift|
|Requirement to be in our team||no||yes|
Of note, the number of rounds is limited by the rule that no identical pairings are allowed. In other words you will play only once against a specific opponent - this is maybe the biggest difference compared to arena tournaments.
Please share this announcement among your (chess) friends and colleagues!
The more participate, the more fun! And maybe some are even interested to join Hive and it´s Chess Community?
Good luck to All!
Potentially of interest for
@aakrist @alberto0607 @ambarvegas @anli @arsenal49 @behiver @bitsignal @cerati @chesthetica @darruiz @digitalis @elprofe62 @eniolw @evgsk @foxconnmars @franciscomarval @gingerbyna @gravitcaper @heimindanger @hierro21 @hirohurl @iceblue @iobates @jaki01 @jkms @johannesboldt @juanmi96 @kintokris @klausklaus @kreur @lighteye @maciejficek @marcusantoniu26 @masterswatch @manncpt @meedo @mstafford @oshiokhenhoya @parung76 @pirex @pereu4ivatel @rafaelaquino @renerondon @rodrook @samostically @sawko @schamangerbert @soluce07 @spacetoon @the01crow @uliseshb @vjap55 @walner @yazp @zacherybinx
Isn´t this a nice quote?