Dear chess friends!
As promised, I have distributed the prices and payouts from season 4 to all participating players. The price pool at the end was 250 Hive, quite less than the last one (570 Hive), because of course the season was shorter with less posts, but also the individual post rewards went down (together with the Hive price), also due to the unfortunate powering down of @jaki01 and the disappearance of @twinner. But such is life, and 250 is better than nothing. Especially if the price of Hive has doubled from the previous levels 😀.
Thanks again to all the Upvoters and Supporters!
Here is the payout table:
|Rank||Hive name||Lichess name||Rating||Rounds played||Points||Reward (Hive)|
After a break in January Season 5 will start today already! The rules are almost the same as last time, just the payout will be slightly different.
The first round is played on Friday 12.Feb., 20h GMT.
Time Mode: 5+0 (5 minutes per game, no increment), arena mode, no streaks
Tournament Link: https://lichess.org/tournament/dEY0Fnpr
Time difference from Greenwich Mean Time GMT 20.00:
|Los Angeles||-7 hours||13.00h|
|New York, Venezuela||−4 hours||16.00h|
|UTC, GMT, Reykjavik, Freetown||0||20.00h|
|Paris, Munich, Madrid, Nigeria, Vienna||+1 hours||21.00h|
|Moscow, Les'ky, Istanbul||+3 hours||23.00h|
|Beijing, Hong Kong, Singapore||+8 hours||04.00h|
GMT time converter: https://time.is/en/GMT
- For Hivers, Steemians, Blurters and all others!
- Players of all skill levels are welcome, from newbies to experts, you just need a free Lichess-account!
- Every Friday is one round
- Time mode is varying (5+0, 3+2,...), rated, berserking allowed (except in Swiss mode)
- The winner of each round gets 8 points, the second 7,... and the 8th 1 point. In case two players have the same number of points, the one who played less rounds is first. If that is equal too, then the average tournament performance decides.
- PAYOUT: This season goes over 11 rounds and the tournament points are summed up. All Hivechess-related post rewards are pooled and 90% go to the price pool (PP). The tournament winner will get 20 Hive bonus and the rest of the PP is divided among all players according to (1) the no. of rounds played and (2) the tournament points achieved (1 and 2 weighed equally), but only if a player has participated at least 3 times (if no games are played in a round it will be not counted)! So everyone has a chance to get something and the more you play the better! With this change the majority of players will get more compared to the previous system.
- If I don´t know your Hive username, I can´t consider you in the rankings, so please let me know your Hive name in the comments or in the Lichess chat
- If you have not yet joined our team in Lichess, please do it here, so that you can participate (required for Swiss tournaments only).
Please share this announcement among your (chess) friends and colleagues!
The more participate, the more fun! And maybe some are even interested to join Hive and it´s Chess Community?
May the Games begin!
Good luck to All!
Potentially of interest for
@aakrist @alberto0607 @ambarvegas @anli @arsenal49 @behiver @bitsignal @cerati @chesthetica @darruiz @digitalis @elprofe62 @eniolw @evgsk @foxconnmars @franciscomarval @gingerbyna @gravitcaper @heimindanger @hierro21 @hirohurl @iceblue @iobates @jaki01 @jkms @johannesboldt @juanmi96 @kintokris @kreur @lighteye @marcusantoniu26 @maciejficek @manncpt @meedo @mstafford @oshiokhenhoya @parung76 @pereu4ivatel @rafaelaquino @renerondon @rodrook @samostically @sawko @schamangerbert @soluce07 @spacetoon @the01crow @uliseshb @vjap55 @walner @yazp @zacherybinx