Popping a "squat" has to be the most ASEAN (Southeast Asian) thing ever, and I don't mean occupying abandoned buildings.
If you've ever traveled this part of the world, you've surely encountered someone squatting on the ground flat-footed.
🤔 SQUATTING?!? 🙋♀️
In case you're unfamiliar with "the squat," it is basically just a way to loiter or pass some time when chairs or a place to sit aren't available.
It's not just a Southeast Asian phenomenon, and you don't have to live in Southeast Asia or be a Southeast Asian to participate in the ASEAN Pop A Squat Challenge.
The "squat" is practiced in many parts of the world, but obviously some places more than others. In can be used to loiter, take a break from standing, hang out with friends, smoke a cigarette, read a newspaper, take a poop and more.
In honor of the humble squat, ASEAN Hive Community is hosting the Pop A Squat Challenge. It is as simple as it sounds - "Let's see you squat."
🚫🪑 ASEAN Pop A Squat Challenge 💺🙅♂️
💰 25 HIVE IN PRIZES 💰
The Pop A Squat Challenge will be giving out 25 HIVE total in prizes, with 5 different prizes in different categories.
Squat with a purpose, as we have prizes in the five categories listed below. Smoking a cigarette while repairing a motorcycle and drinking some tea might land you the winner of the "BEST MULTI-TASKING SQUAT."
Squatting after hours or in places where loitering is prohibited or discouraged might land you the winner of the "BEST LOITERING SQUAT", and capturing the right facial expression might land you 5 HIVE as the winner of the "MOST PENSIVE SQUAT."
THE PRIZES 🏆
- BEST SOCIAL SQUAT - 5 HIVE
- MOST SCENIC SQUAT - 5 HIVE
- BEST LOITERING SQUAT - 5 HIVE
- BEST MULTI-TASKING SQUAT - 5 HIVE
- MOST PENSIVE SQUAT - 5 HIVE
POP A SQUAT CHALLENGE RULES 📜(to be eligible for prizes)
- Subscribe to ASEAN Hive Community.
- Take of picture you or you with other(s) squatting. (no NSFW squats)
- Squat must be flat-footed, knees bent with butt just resting or nearly resting on your heals.
- Create a post on Hive about your squat.
- Publish your post in the ASEAN Hive Community.
- Minimum 200 word post length.
- Use #popasquat as your first tag.
- Mention and share the link to this post within your submission.
- Share your post link in the comments section below.
- Post must be in English or English + other
- Post must be submitted 12 hours before this post reaches payout.
🤔 TELL US ABOUT YOUR SQUAT 🙋♀️
Do tell us the details about your squat. "Where are you?" "Why do you squat?" "Who are you squatting with?" "How do you squat?" "When did you squat?"
These are all good questions to ask yourself to get the creative writing juices flowing.
Make the most of your #popasquat submission by earning some of the above Hive-Engine tokens.
If you feel your post is creative in some way, use #creativecoin as one of your tags and earn some CCC. Post a how-to #popasquat and use the #diy tag or discuss the health benefits of the squat and earn some LOTUS via the #naturalmedicine tag.
Just remember to have fun and don't tip over, and all should be well.
Where Are We?
WANT TO SUPPORT ASEAN HIVE COMMUNITY?
If you would like to support the ASEAN Hive Community and the curation of Southeast Asian content on the Hive blockchain, please refer to the delegation links below.
All HIVE generated by the @ASEAN.Hive account will be powered up to support the community.