This video is a conversation with my grandmother, Jeraline Boiles [Dunn], regarding the family of my grandfather, Robert Marvin Dunn, in his early years growing up in Texas. One of the first things you will notice is that my grandmother is a bit scatterbrained, so I will try to give you the background you need to follow the story.
- She starts off talking about Bosque County, which is about 75 miles southwest of Ft. Worth, Texas.
- When she talks about the Fitzhugh Ranch, the Greenwades were no relation to our family.
- Lueders, Texas is in Jones County about 30 miles north of Abilene, Texas. She talks like we should know about this town, but in 1950, its population was a little over 700. It had steadily dropped to about half of that in 2010. It is about 150 miles from where they started out in Bosque County.
- Lila & Emmett - Lila was her sister and Emmitt was Lila's husband.
- Billy & Oree - Billy was her son and Oree was his wife.
- When she was talking about "he passed away", she was referring to my grandfather and "they" were his family.
- Chester was his oldest brother who would have been about 11 years old at the time.
- The Thompsons were Emmitt's family. If they are talking about the house I am thinking about, I went there several times. Lila and Emmett lived in that house from as early as I can remember until they both passed (she in 1982 and he in 1987).
- As far as when they moved to Lueders, based on what I could piece together, it was some time between 1902 and 1908. They would have returned circa 1910.