Today I'm going to show you a bag that I made at the beginning of April. I remember I was so happy after finishing it but now I'd rather hide it. Then why I'm posting about it now, you may ask, right? Well, sometimes it's good to remember the beginning and see how far you'd come.
The main idea with this bag was to create something from pieces, using the original sewing. I'm not saying it was easy as I was at the beginning, this was my 4th bag and I was lacking experience.
This is how it started. I had these back parts of the jeans I wanted to use. At that time I found them interesting and I thought it would look great. Then I grew up 😁
The middle was easy, the rest, not so much. I needed to figure out how to put the pieces together and this phase gave me a bit of a headache.
This is where things went wrong. I choose to use dark blue denim for the carry straps. Then I had to choose between following the proportions and specifications of the pattern, or go rogue and follow the style I have just created. Instead of following my heart, I chose to be good and follow the proportions and specifications. This is why the carry straps look awful.
The back is pretty simple, made of dark and light denim on top.
The lining is simple as well. Again, my famous three pocket style.
Plus another pocket that is made of the original pocket of the shirt.
It closes with a black zipper.
We have a saying in Hungarian. When something goes wrong and you have a financial loss, we say you're paying the tuition. This saying fits here like a glove. I've never attended any sewing or tailoring course, have never payed a penny for learning, so this is the fee I had to pay to learn to be more careful next time.
This bag is hidden in my closet, I don't know if I would use it ever. Maybe one day to go to the farmers market. Who knows?
Funny that when I finished the bag I was so proud of it. Now I can't even look at it as I know it's awful.
Hostesses (admins): @muscara, @shanibeer and @marblely
Please feel free to check out my Etsy store.
Check out my other sewing posts:
- How To Save €35
- DIY - Denim Coasters
- Handmade Sewing Machine Mats
- DIY - How To Use Every Single Piece Of Jeans - Denim Upcycled Sewing Machine Mat/Organizer
- Bold, Crazy Or Both? I Need Some Feedback Here
- My Etsy Shop And A New Bag
- Change It On The Go - How To Find The Right Solution
- My First White Denim Tote Bag With Pink Lining And Levi Strauss & Co.
- Changing Style - Another Bag, Different Style
- New Supplies For My Hobby And A New Bag - #MarketFriday
- Sewing Machine Cover And A Question
- DIY - How To Use Every Piece Of A Pair Of Jeans And Shirt - Part 2.
- DIY - Upcycled Denim Bag With A Funny Lining, Plus Damage Control
- DIY - How To Use Every Piece Of A Pair Of Jeans
- Upcycled Denim Sewing Machine Organizer Made Of Leftover Denime Pieces
- Golden Heart Pocket Upcycled Denim Bag
- Classy Golden Stitch Upcycled Denim Bag
- Fake Pockets Upcycled Denim Bag And Some Treasures
- Upcycled Denim Tote Bag
- #Upcycled Initiative And A New Upcycled Denim Bag Made Of Bits And Pieces
- Two Toned Upcycled Denim Bag
- Handmade Mask - Experience and Necessity
- Upcycled Denim Zipper Bag
- Upcycled Double Pocket Tote Bag, My 3rd One
- Upcycled Double Pocket Denim Bag
- My First Bag