It's winter in my country, which means fresh fruits and veggies are not from our sunny garden. This is the time when I have to buy these goodies from wherever I can and pick those that worth paying for and consuming.
Avocado is among the most healthiest foods, so I got a few as it was on sale anyway. One was very ripe, just perfect.
The obvious choice would have been guacamole on toast, but because I'm not eating bread right now, I had to choose something else. This is why I opted for avocado scrambled eggs, served with beetroot salad.
Ingredients for 2 servings:
- 1 tbsp olive oil or butter,
- 4 eggs,
- salt and pepper,
- pinch crushed pepper,
- 1 avocado, diced,
- grated (16 weeks mature) Gouda cheese.
- Heat up the oil or butter in a pen. Make sure you don't burn it.
- In a bowl whisk the eggs, salt and pepper.
- Add the egg to the pan.
- Add the cheese and avocado
5.Using a silicon spatula, start pushing the eggs around till they start to scramble.
This will only take a couple of minutes. Season with salt and pepper if you need to, or ass any spice you like.
I chose not to add any additional spices as I wanted to feel the avocado.
The result was great, it's a very interesting combination.
You can pick any pickles you'd like, I chose a homemade beetroot salad made of homegrown beetroot as I like the sweet sour taste. Goes perfect with this avocado scrambled eggs.
My goal was to create a dish that I can eat without toast or bread and this is definitely one.
Check out my latest recipes:
- Vegan Tomato Chanterelle Mushroom Stew With Homemade Oregano Gnocchi
- DIY - How To Invent A New Soup - A Different Chicken Soup
- Vegan Pasta Alla Norma
- Shakshouka - Israeli Breakfast
- One Cabbage, Two Meals, Both Vegan
- Lecsó (Lecho), Hungarian Tomato-Pepper Stew for ecoTrain Simple Vegan Cooking On A Budget Month
- The Ugly Truth and How To Make The Healthiest Plum Jam
- Hungarian Chicken Paprikash
- DIY - Healthy Raspberry and Currant Jam
- Cauliflower Scrambled Eggs With Vegetable Salad Made Of Homegrown Veggies
- Fake Chili Con Carne
- Pork And Potato Bake With Homemade Pickles And The Lesson
- The Healthiest Vegetable Soup For Fruits and Veggies Monday
- Turkey On Potato Bed Al Forno With Fresh Vegetable Salad
- DIY - Homemade Curd Cheese Dumplings
- DIY - Green Pea Risotto
- DIY - Simple Smoked Ribs Potato Soup
- Eggs And Sausages With Homemade Tomato Sauce And Potatoes - Tutorial
- DIY - How To Make A Bishop's Bread At Home & Use Your Homegrown Walnuts
- DIY - Home Baked Pizza Rolls And Some Flour Tricks
- Homemade Pizza Calzone
- Vegan Spinach Pottage For Fruits And Veggies Monday
- Homemade Sweet Bread With Turkish Delight, Raisins And Walnut
- Simple Homemade Tomato Soup for Fruits And Veggies Monday Challenge
- Homemade Crescent Rolls And The History Of Marmalade
- Homemade Pizza Rolls
- Homemade Accordion Bread
- Kohlrabi Soup for Steemit Fruits And Veggies Monday Contest
- Cauliflower Soup for Steemit Fruits And Veggies Monday Contest
- Homemade Walnut Pie for Steemit Fruits And Veggies Monday Contest
- Chicken Soup
- Goulash Or Bográcsgulyás In Hungarian, With Homemade Pickles
- Transylvanian Meatball Soup
- Mushroom Tomato Sauce With Potatoes
- Cinnamon Scones With Homemade Jam
- Eggplant Salad
- Goulash Soup
- Vegan Mushroom Tomato Soup for Steemit Fruits And Veggies Monday Contest
- Stuffed Cabbage Rolls