Subject: Agricultural Science
Topic: Meaning and Sources of Water
Class: Primary One (1)
Average Age: 5 years.
No. in class: 16
Duration: 35 Minutes
Date: 10 - 5 - 2020
Behavioural Objectives: By the end the lesson, the pupils should be able to:
i. define water
ii. identify sources of water
iii. state the uses of water.
The pupils were taught about air and it's uses in their previous lesson.
Test of Entry Behaviour
- What is Air?
- How can we feel the presence of air?
Lead the pupil to understand that water is a colourless liquid that falls as rain from the sky or seen in lakes is or rivers etc. Water is an example of natural resources.
Tell the pupils that water can be gotten from river.
- We can get water from rain.
- We can get water from streams.
- We can get water from dug up wells.
- We can get water from taps or boreholes.
- Water is used for drinking.
- Water is used for cooking.
- Water is used for transportation.
- Water is used for bathing, washing and fishing.
- Water is used for wetting plants.
- What is water?
- What are the sources of water?
- Explain any four uses of water.
Summarize the lesson for clearer understanding and give them the summary note from Step I - III as a reference guide for home study.
I support @education community with my whole heart