How delicious it is to have a pudding in the fridge for those moments when you want to relax, after a day of work and eat something cold, where the flavors of the fruits predominate in the preparation. Yes, I love puddings and I love them in all their preparations. They are so simple to prepare and can be eaten hot or cold. It is the recipe to which we cannot make excuses if we want to eat something tasty at home.
I made this recipe with the last pomegranate harvest of this year, I admit that these are not the best photos, it was shot at night when I took them and I knew that there would be no pudding in the morning. I thought about waiting until the next harvest, but that would be in about 8 months. The grenade fruit takes about 6 months to mature on the tree and 1 month to form the flower. It's a fruit that takes time, but it makes life happy when it's ready.
This preparation is very simple and in theory applies to any type of fruit. As a base we have grenade juice, we will use wheat flour to thicken and a touch of sugar. We will decorate additionally with fruit to enhance the flavor. Let's go step by step, look for the ingredients, prepare the table, we're going to cook.
- 3-4 pomegranates
- 1 liter of water
- Sugar in necessary quantity
- 100gr of common wheat flour.
- We will start by shelling all the pomegranates. We will reserve some seeds to decorate the pudding.
- With the help of a bag, we begin to strip all the seeds to release the juice. We will not use a mixer because the seed may tend to be bitter.
- With the help of a strainer, we withdraw the juice and discard the seeds.
- In a pot, we put the pomegranate juice and fill it up with water until we get one liter.
- We add sugar to taste, keeping in mind that when you consider that it is good for sweets, you will place 1 additional spoonful.
- Take it to a high heat so that it starts boiling and when it does, lower the intensity of the fire.
- In a cup, we put the flour and add the rest of the water we have left from the liter. You may need a little more. The idea is to dissolve the flour.
- Add the dissolved flour to the juice mixture and whisk quickly to prevent lumps from forming. Let it cook for about 5 minutes, moving the mixture constantly to prevent it from sticking to the bottom.
- After the time, turn off and in the mold of your preference, add the mixture. Let it cool down to room temperature and then take it to the refrigerator. You can use individual molds, this is at your choice.
Just keep in mind that before eating, add fruit on top so that the flavor is more accentuated and the pudding becomes fresh. If you make this preparation in a different way, let me know in the comments and additional, comment on what fruit flavors you like.
All pictures were taken by me, with a Xiaomi Redmi 7 phone, without any edition. They were only compressed to facilitate the visualization of the content.