Personally, I love dishes made with raw banana. In our society, some people do not consume potato due to some religious reason but they substitute potatoes with banana and make delicious recipes.
E.g. Famous Indian snack Aloo Bonda is converted to Raw Banana Bonda and it's amazing, I will make it sometime in the coming days.
Today I made a mid-day snack using green banana, it has no particular name so I called it Spicy and Crispy Raw Banana Fry. It is not deep fried just shallow fried in very little oil.
It is so easy to prepare that can be ready in 30-40 minutes.
- Raw banana 1/2 kg or 3 nos
- Rice flour 1/2 cup
- Spices like turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder and salt.
- Oil 2-3 tbsp for shallow frying.
- Lemon juice of 1 lemon
- Wash and peel bananas and put them into the water as it can become dark if left outside.
- Cut into thin long slices.
- Add all spices and mix well. Apply on all slices evenly.
- Squeeze 1 lemon on it and let it marinate for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes coat with rice flour.
- Heat oil in a pan and shallow fry/roast banana slices from both the sides on medium to low flame.