With all the extra time we are spending inside the house it makes perfect sense to improve our homemade food menu and put some tasty meals onto the dinner table. Alas! I have just the dish for you all to feast upon and enjoy.
Dan's Homemade Lamb Kebab with Greek Yoghurt!
(Enough to feed 3 - 4 people)
Ingredients for Lamb Kebab
- 400g Minced Lamb
- 100g Streaky Bacon (cut into small pieces)
- 1/2 Onion (diced)
- 1 Clove of Garlic (roughly chopped)
- Vegetable Oil for Frying
- 1/2 tsp dried Oregano
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp Ground Corriander
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 & 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
Ingredients for Yogurt Condiment
- 2 cups (500g) Greek Yoghurt
- 1 Garlic Clove (Minced or finely grated)
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 2 - 3 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- Mix together all your ingredients in a bowl and place in the fridge to cool, simple as that!
- Using a large bowl, mix together the lamb mince, oregano, cumin, coriander, cinnamon, salt, and black pepper. Cover the bowl and place it in the fridge to marinate for a minimum of 2 hours or up to 24 hours.
- Place the diced bacon, garlic, onions into a blender and blitz until it becomes a paste.
- Once lamb mix has had time to marinate, place into a blender with the bacon paste and blitz once more.
- With wet hands, mould the meat mixture into a loaf. Place two sheets of foil onto your work surface overlapping them by a 1/3 to create a large enough piece to wrap your loaf.
5 - Tightly wrap the meat and twist the ends. Cut off excess foil.
6 - Push a skewer through the center of the meat in order to support it when placed over a baking tray lined with foil.
7 - Pre-heat oven to 170-degrees(C)/325-degrees(F). Using the ends of the skewers, support the meat over a baking tray and place it on the middle shelf of the oven. Cook for 90-mins, turn once after 60-mins.
8 - Remove meat from the oven and unwrap the foil leaving the skewer in place. Increase the oven temp to 250-degrees(C)/480-degrees(F). Support the meat over the baking tray and return to the oven for a further 15 to 20 minutes, turn once half way through. Remove meat from the oven when it looks like this...
9 - Remove the skewer and stand the meat upright. Cut off thin strips from your Kebab.
10 - Heat a little oil in a skillet and fry meat strips until they turn nice and brown on both sides, you want them to still be floppy, not crispy. Serve immediately with warm flatbreads, lettuce, tomatoes, and Greek yogurt.
Bon Appetite! My well-fed friends!!!
The taste from the meat was fantastically juicy and sweet, and the Greek yogurt is a must! Such a tasty meal. The next tie I make this I will certainly be adding some chili flakes to spice things up a little. If anyone gives this a go, I would love to hear about it and also how you improved upon it too!