Welcome to my blog today is a special dish made, a one pot dish can be prepared very easily and the taste enhances as you put various number of veggies in it. This is a perfect weekday supper and a filling one. Let's have a look at,
Vegan Biryani - One Pot Recipe
Biryani is a mixed rice dish having its origin from the Muslim Indian Sub-continent. It is normally prepared with Indian Spices, either with meat(poultry or red-meat) or eggs or vegetables.
Vegan Biryani is the vegan way of having the amazing taste of the exquisite ground spices and herbs, aahhh!! The aroma. I wish I could make you smell. There are a number of ways making the dish and a variety of veggies can be added. I have loaded it with different veggies and spices. There is a long list of ingredients and prep, let us have a look:-
- Rice - 250gm
- Onion and Tomato - 1
- Vegetables - Beans, Carrot, Capsicum, green onion.
- Chopping of Onion and Tomato
- Chopping of Veggies
- Soak rice in water for 10 minutes.
Now The Process
- Take a Pressure cooker and heat the vegetable oil.
- Add Cumin seeds and roast it.
- Add Chopped onion and cook until it changes its color.
- Now add tomato to the cooker and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Time to add spices to the pressure cooker. I have used 1 tbsp of salt, 1 tbsp of coriander powder, half tbsp of turmeric powder, 1 tbsp of red chili powder.
- Add vegetables to the cooker and mix it well with the masala.
- Add soaked rice to the cooker.
- Add one and half glass of water to the cooker and close the lid. Wait for 1 whistle.
Vegan Biryani is ready to serve