This post is showing the neutral aminoacid transport.
In the basolateral membrane:
- The Na/K ATPase, which brings 2 potassium ions into the cell and releases 3 sodium ions into the interstitial space.
- The LAT2, large neutral amino acid transporter, works as an amino acid exchanger.
- The TAT1, aromatic amino acid transporter, which transports these amino acids out of the cell.
In the apical membrane:
- The SIT1 cotransporter with sodium which brings in mainly proline.
- The PAT2 cotransporter with a proton which brings in proline, alanine and glycine.
- The ASTC2 antiporter which exchanges neutral aminoacids while transporting sodium into the tubular lumen.
- The B0AT1 cotransporter which brings in a sodium and a neutral amino acid.