This recipe is so simple. Effort required is minimal, flavour achieved is maximum!
I have always been a big fan of gnocchi, but when boiled it is easy to over-do it and become mushy, and then you have ruined your dish. When I discovered you could fry or roast them and get a crispy texture it made me happy, not only because I preferred the texture, but because it's difficult to over-do this way too. So this, combined with roasted veg (which are always amazing!) and a rich tomato sauce, makes this dish simply yummy. I welcome you to give it a try as part of #fruitsandveggiesmonday contest created by @lenasveganliving
1 x courgette
1 x red onion
3 x garlic
1 x red pepper
1 lb gnocchi (500g)
1 tsp dried rosemary
2 tbsp oil
14 oz can chopped tomatoes (400g)
2 tbsp tomato puree
2 large handfuls baby spinach
salt and pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 230c / 450f
- Roughly chop your veg up into 1 inch pieces
- Put veg in a mixing bowl along with rosemary, oil and some salt and pepper. Stir until combined.
- Line an oven tray with baking paper and spread your veg mix evenly across it.
- Put it in the oven for 20-30 mins, turning the veg over half way. Cook until the gnocchi is crispy.
- After turning the veg over, put your chopped tomatoes and tomato puree in a saucepan and heat until bubbling.
- Add the spinach and stir in until wilted.
- At this point the veg should be done. Take out of the oven and mix into the tomato sauce.
- Take off the heat, plate up, enjoy!