Hello my Dearest Foodies,
Are you beetroot lovers? Well I know some who are and some who are quite the opposite, lol. Nevertheless, whether you are or not, I must tell you that I surprise myself with the delicious flavor of this salad.
Besides, it can't get any easier to make it, yet the health benefits and nutritional value are enormous. I am sure most of you already know them, however, in case yo do not you can read it HERE about BEETROOT. About QUINOA PLEASE READ HERE. In the nutshell, they are both superfoods, there for, you would do yourself a huge favor if you try it, lol.
I also like to recommend to eat it with sweet potato oven baked fries. That way this meal is truly complete and satisfying.
BEET SALAD WITH QUINOA
Spiralized Beets with Quinoa & Miso Dressing
Vegan – Gluten Free
Author: Lena’s Vegan Living
INGREDIENTS for 2 servings
• Red beetroot 2 medium size (pealed & spiralized)
• Miso dressing ¼ cup
• Quinoa 1 cup (1/2 cup uncooked; follow the cooking instruction on the package)
• Arugula 1 cup
• Raw sunflower seeds ¼ cup
• Sesame seeds 1 tsp
• Roast your sunflower seeds on heated pan. Reduce the heat and stir with spatula so both sides turn golden. It will take only few minutes, so be careful, do not burn.
• When ready, take it off the heat and set aside.
• In a bowl, toss spiralized beets with miso dressing, until they get evenly covered and slightly saggy.
• Add quinoa and toss again.
• Top with arugula, sunflower seeds and sesame seeds.
• Organic Miso 1tbs
• Juice from 1 lemon
• Wakame flakes 1 tsp (or Nori sheets)
• Garlic powder ½ tsp
• Ginger powder ½ tsp
• Maple syrup 2 tbs
• Sesame seed oil 1 tsp
• Chili pepper flakes (optional)
Blend all in a blender or with whisk.
THANK YOU FOR VISITING & BON APPETIT
FOR RECIPES PLEASE VISIT MY Lena's Vegan Living Blog