What was your reason for joining the Steemit?
My reason why I joined in was because I was invited by one of my online contacts and I was curious. I also lost my first set of keys maybe a few days after, only to find out I had it stashed whole the time in one of my numerous extensions - two years later...
My contact claimed that the Steemit is a gold plated island of dreams come true, that the rain of wealth is flavored Benjamin’s green and that respectable writers are basking in prosperity banking huge sums of cryptocurrency destined to be a happily ever after for whoever joins...
When I joined I saw that we were all license plated right at the beginning, Benjamins play hard to get, respectable writers are not on the featured page and definitely not banking anything more than crumbs.
The STEEM was freshly hatched, worth maybe a few cents and pretty much everything about its future was vague.
So what is your reason for joining the Steemit?
- I was curious
- I wanted to try something else
- I got banned from every other conventional social media website...
- I am block-chain enthusiast so it was a MUST DO
- I confused it with some other website
- It sounded as a great idea
- I had no other option
- I wanted to earn big money fast
- I wanted to invest in my future
- I joined because of the great community
- My friend do it so I had to do is as well
- It gave me an opportunity to help people who need it
- It gave me an opportunity to earn money in a way I can't in real life
- It gave me an opportunity to learn new things
- It gave me an opportunity to earn with my skills
- I like reading and curating
- I am here for the money
- I am here for the fame
- I am here because I found a community that fits my interests
- I am an aspiring artist and the Steemit rewards all kind of people
- I am a published author and this is my way to popularize my other work
- I can share my referral codes
- I want to be STEEM billionaire
- I always hated mainstream
- I can post nasty selfies and not get banned
- They told me not to do it
- It was that or a full time job
- ... because STEEM is freedom?
Answer the question at dpoll.xyz.