Thanks to everyone who entered into my last SBI giveaway about Your Favourite Childhood Toy! It was really interesting to see the diversity of toys... some of whom are lost to time, and others of which are passed to the next generation in a well-loved form!
This week, I have been noticing other people's lockscreens... and what photo/image that they tend to put on it... mostly, it appears to be either family photos or more likely, just whatever came with the phone!
- What is your lockscreen/background photo on your phone/computer? You can just describe it if you don't want to post a photo of your family or something like that... or you don't know how to get the image!
My sample answer
One of the best things that I love about Android, is the endless customisation options at a user level... and even more if you are technically minded and don't mind rooting your phone. Anyway, my wife's phone has a backdrop that cycles every day through various paintings from Western Art History...
However, I use an app called Backdrops (on Android Playstore) to get some really awesome background art for both my homescreen and lockscreen. Above is my lockscreen cover art, which is an image called Cataclysm by Samer Zayer.... it's definitely not a family photo!
... and my homescreen background art is this slightly more soothing piece called Eternal Night, also by Samer Zayer (I appear to have an affinity for his style!). Definitely two slightly contrasting pieces from the same artist... I've stuck with these for over a year... I used to have a daily rotating artwork from the NASA gallery, but for some reason that stopped working... and also, sometimes the featured "art" was a little... crap. Sometimes it was Hubble shots, other times it would be a graph of something...
- Upvote if you want, it increases the payout and then I can hopefully sponsor more people.
- Resteem is NOT neccessary, but the more people see this, the more the people will be likely to be sponsored.
- In the comments, answer as best as you can the questions that are posed in the "My Questions"!
- I have added a small Steem-Bounty to the post, so that everyone who replies with a valid entry will get something back. If I give your post a small upvote, it is valid (also, subscribe to @dustsweeper for maximum benefit!).
- I will be sponsoring as many people as this post pays out in liquid SBD/STEEM. Also I will kick in at least the required amount to round up to the full number. Winner is by random generator after a shortlisting of quality comments!
Steem Basic Income
One of the first communities that I came in contact with at the beginning of my time at Steemit was @steembasicincome. As a author starting out on your fresh new Steemit account, Steemit can be a daunting and lonely place to be. OFten, it can feel like you are posting into an abyss with no one listening and with no ability to grow out of the situation. A share of Steem Basic Income gives you a guaranteed vote on one post a day, thus giving you a small but over time cumulative support to your account to help grow you out of your initial wilderness!
With this post, I want to help sponsor people who might not even have the spare 1 STEEM that is required for registration. So, when this post pays out, I will sponsor people depending on the payout of this post. Basically, I will round up the SBD payout from this post and then that will be the number of people I will sponsor. (So, if the payout is 2.3 SBD, I will sponsor 3 people). OF course, this is not simply an altruistic move, as the sponsor of a Steem Basic Income share also gets a share, so it is a great way to help others whilst helping yourself!
Last week's winners
The last post paid out 0 SBD and 1.436 STEEM in liquid earnings. So, that would make 2 shares.
The winners by random draw are:
Account banner by jimramones