Respect for each member of the community is vital to the success of any community. This translates to a need to maintain a basic set of rules for the use of our community platform.
As a note, when we mention posting, we speak only to posting with the intention to have it visible on our platform by inclusion of the palnet tag. (This tag is included automatically when posted directly from our front-end.) We're not describing the entire Steem community, just the community under the palnet umbrella.
We do not, and never will, censor your content on the blockchain at large. We only seek to limit the damage that can be done to the community through malicous behavior in our community.
By using the palnet tag you are making a voluntary, conscious choice. A choice to promise to yourself, as well as every other member of the community, that you will abide by these rules. A choice to continue having your content appear on our community platform.
You have the responsibility to hold yourself accountable for upholding these standards, or accept the consequences when you don't.
We the PALnet Moderator Team have the responsibility of enforcing these rules on the content appearing in our community.
Our community rules for the PALnet.io Community front-end:
Do not purposefully cause harm. The following list gives you some ideas of how we define that:
- Harassment of any kind including but not limited to: religious, racial, ethnic, gender, sexual, or sexual orientation on our PALnet.io front-end, within the PALnet Discord, or between active community members through other communication avenues.
- Overt digital and/or terrestrial acts of physical assault.
- Sexually suggestive remarks, verbal abuse, unwelcome sexual advances, or other similar actions outside the chain.
- Posting of child and other illegal forms of pornography, racial or cultural epithets, threats of violence.
- Calls for the death or harm of community members, Steem users, or other indivudals/groups of people.
- Posting of domestic terror threats, of any type, ever.
- Posting content intending to cause emotional distress or disturb others. Including but not limited to: Violence, gore, rape, etc. This will include an exception for tasteful journalism that includes a proper headline/warning and a 'nsfw' tag where appropriate.
- Intentionally misleading 'nsfw' tagged posts with titles that incorrectly identify the content to surprise, shock, or do harm.
- No sale or trade of illegal items or services, or other intolerable transactions.
- No stealing and/or destruction of services, or any form of intellectual property.
- No doxxing (the release of private personal information).
- Abusive voting patterns targetting community members. This can include excessive and indiscriminate downvotes as well as comment vote farming.
- Comment spam.
- Pornography, nudity, or other Not-Safe-For-Work content is allowed, but should be properly tagged with the 'nsfw' tag to allow for viewers to opt-in to those posts.
There is some limited tolerance for errors and violations, but only when there is a later understanding of how violaters broke the rules, apologies are issued, and changes in behavior result.
Failure to follow rules may result in any of the following:
- Warning presented either via Discord or Comment/Post
- Mediation and/or direct discussion.
- Downvote (flag) by official PAL accounts.
- Temporary or permanent restriction of palnet.io use through a platform mute.
Moderators reserve the right to pursue any discipline at any time, though we will attempt to provide an adequate reason or reference to the violated rule. Our intention is to protect the community from malicious actions, not rule it with an iron fist.
If you are restricted from palnet.io due to a platform mute, you are not welcome to circumvent this with use of an alternate account. Any new account found to be used for this purpose will be added to the original mute. This will only serve to strengthen the resolve of the Moderator team to keep you removed from the community.
If you feel you may have been incorrectly treated, or the mute was innapropriate, please bring this before the team through either the main PAL Discord, or the Probation Discord if you are banned from the primary server. The issues will be presented before the team at the next official meeting. Meetings are traditionally held weekly, though may be post-poned if unable to reach the required count for a quorum.
We intend to make any major disciplinary decisions public on the block, as well as what's required for remediation.
We reserve the right to not make all aspects public in an effort to protect the privacy of involved individuals.
We are very serious about these rules. If you decide to join or interact with this community you must be willing to be fully invested in it. If you voluntarily choose to be a part of our public community you must be willing to surrender a small measure of absolute personal liberty so we can work together peacefully.
If you have questions, or concerns that you will be unable to live up to our rules and ideals, we urge you to speak with any of the active Moderators so that we can figure out, together, what steps to take to help you find a digital home here or somewhere else if necessary.
For our part, we believe in you and we will try to provide the support you need in order to make the most of your PAL Community experience.
PAL and it's community are designed to be friendly to as many people as possible. People that are new to Steemit, possibly new to these values, and even new to this community.
It is a learning community because we strive to teach and spread the values of Peace, Abundance, and Liberty.
These rules and ideals are intended to promote those values. Peace, Abundance, and Liberty.
We reserve the right to change or add to these rules in the future. Changes and updates to these rules will be posted on this account.