Hello my Dearest Foodies,
Yes, I am finally back in the kitchen and this is my first CHRISTMAS recipe. My hand is healing well, there for I should be able make even more challenging stuff soon.
This budt cake was very easy, that's why I decided to make it first, although it may look challenging. However, after you read the recipe, you will see how simple it is, but also delicious and guilt free. For those of you who prefer to using gluten free flour you may try that, although I cannot guarantee the outcome.
CHRISTMAS BUNDT CAKE
Spelt Bundt Cake with Hazelnut Chocolate Dip and Strawberries
Vegan – Refined Sugar Free – Guilt Free
Author: Lena’s Vegan Living
• Unsweetened apple sauce 2 ½ cups
• Grape seed oil ½ cup (or other neutral flavour oil of your choice)
• Apple cider vinegar 1tbs
• Xylitol 1/3 cup (or raw coconut sugar 1 cup)
• Whole grain Spelt flour 2 ¾ cups
• Baking powder 1tbs
• Baking soda 1tbs
• Pure vanilla extract 2tsp
• Himalayan pink salt ½ tsp
• Bundt cake form
• Preheat the oven to 325F.
• Lightly apply oil into your bundt cake form with a brush.
• In a bowl, mix apple sauce with oil and whisk thoroughly.
• Add sweetener with vanilla and apple cider vinegar. Whisk thoroughly again.
• In a separate bowl, blend flour, with rest of the ingredients.
• Gradually keep adding dry mixture into the wet mixture while stirring, until well combined.
• Pour mixture into your form and bake for 45 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
• Let it cool down for 30min and serve with hazelnut chocolate dip and strawberries.
HAZELNUT CHOCOLATE DIP (Nutella)
• Hazelnut butter ½ cup
• Dark chocolate 20gr
• Maple syrup ¼ cup
• Melt the chocolate in a double boiler above steam.
• When ready, take it off the heat.
• Add hazelnut butter and whisk thoroughly.
• Add maple syrup and repeat.
If you prefer making Vegan Nutella from scratch please read READ HERE
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR STOOPING BY & BON APPETIT
FOR RECIPES PLEASE VISIT MY Lena's Vegan Living Blog