HOW TO REPLACE A SPOILT SLIPPERS UPPER WITH A NEW ONE
I Hope this meet you well and in good faith, today I'll love to show you how I change the upper of a Slippers of a client that got damage, and instead of throwing it away, he brought it to me for replacement of a new upper.
The initiative material use for the upper that got spoilt was rubber and I believe this is one of the main reason it got thorn easily, so I'll be taking your through the process of how I removed and replace it with a new upper material and a logo design.
- Leather material
- BB Logo
- Super Glue
- Brown thread
- Since it's only the upper of the slippers that got spoilt, that mean I'll still be using the old sole, so with that In mind, I cut out the former upper.
- Then I placed the former upper on a leather material to cut out the same shape and size for the new upper, after which I place the new upper on a linning material to cut out the same shape as well.
- Once that was joined together by applying gum on both back part and placing on each other, I attached the BB Logo on the upper.
- Once the logo was firmly attached to the upper, I sew around the upper with my sewing machine so it could stick together firmly and as well look attractive.
- Getting to stay it all up gradually, I grind the edges of the upper with a grinder, and the apply gum on it both edge's, after which I apply gum and supper glue on the edge of the sole where the upper will be attached, then I let it dry off for few seconds.
- Finally I join both the upper and the sole together and tested the shape out with a shoe last.
- Here is how our slippers now looks like after all process as been accomplished.
If the above procedure, are thoroughly followed, I believe you should be able to replace your spoilt slippers upper when ever you feel like without having to spend much in taking it to a cobbler.
Thanks for checking out my blog post, if you want to know who @vickoly is😉, I'm a shoemaker, who is also into fashion designing and other related craft, to know more about me you can check out my Introduction post on hive, thanks once again, have a blessed and productive day ahead 🥰🥰.