LOH Contest #89 - Woman with solo travelling.
It has been a while for me to miss some contests from LOH community since my account was hacked. I would love to present my standpoint about the first question of LOH contest #89 today.
The number of women traveling solo has been on the rise. How do you feel about traveling as a single woman? What are the advantages and challenges?
I took the picture.
Travelling nowadays holds the top position of human’s activities. It is not only a way to entertain for man and woman but also a life style for those who love exploring and experiencing new lessons.
I took it in my first travelling.
As a 29 year-old single woman, my mother said I would rather look for a stable job, have an intimate relationship, build my own family than to spend all my time to make money and travel.
More than 4 years, I have been travelled and stayed in many different places in my country and in some foreign countries. It is quite enough experiences for me to look back and reflect all things came up with me in each trip. Everything cuts both ways and so does travelling. By travelling alone, woman have been through and gained lot of advantages and disavantage in each every journey.
I took this picture: My feet at the field on my solo trip.
What are the advantages?
- Travelling alone has a geat deal of power to take us outside my comfort zone and my fear of the unknown. People tend to scare with the upcoming events, it stops our creativity and confidence to express ourself. Once we can pass the first trip alone, we will know how much our inner force that we have to do the trip. If we are so shy, how we can do it alone? If we do not dare to cross the safe zone of ourselves, how we can enjoy the rest of outside of the world. Maybe you can get it with your friends or family by booking a tour, however, you are still in your comfort zone and this brings to you familiar experiences.
I took this picture on the mountain.
- Travelling alone teachs us the self management and the way to independent in life. It means before any trip, you have to do all things such as set up time, arrange stuffs, book ticket, accommodation, find out enough information about the destination and so on. The first time would be quite hard for us to do it but time after time, things go smoothly than we thought.
I took this picture on my solo journey.
- Solo travelling gives us freedom and great vibe to explore ourselves as well as do what we truly want on the road. I have no doubt about it. You will not have any barrier or disagreement from the fellow-travellers, therefore, it is your own time to connect with people around, enjoy yourself as the way you love, enhance the problem-solving skill from the issues and so on… It is totally freedom feeling, I mean.
Freedom is here - I took this picture. 😁
Besides, there are some challenges that woman need to concern when doing solo travelling.
What are challenges?
- Personal safety: This is the most important thing that every single woman have to pay attention. Please do research in any destination or area that we intend to visit, learn the way how to protect ourselves and keep in mind our belongings. This issue would be better if we have fellow-travellers but it does not mean that we cannot handle and cannot do our solo trip.
I took this picture in the remote area.
- No one can take a photo for us: 😆 Haha! It sounds quite strange but it is true. There will be sometimes that we want to capture that feelings or moment in a sudden. Though selfi is quite good enough to do it but it needs time to set up or it cannot capture all our body if we do not have tripod. Even then there is not always people that we can ask them take for us.
I ask someone took it for me by my cellphone.
- Travelling alone means you have to pay more expenses: Do not think that going alone will cost us fewer than travelling with group or friends. With no one to share everything to you, it means you have to pay all the cost from the accomodation, meals, other services.. and somehow it prevents us from doing the solo travelling.
I took this picture, my solo trip in Ha Giang.
Though the disavantages always present in every solo trip, I am more excited and thrilled to do it. In every new solo trip, I gain more than I lose because my life is always have yin and yang. Do not be afraid with the future, let the future be stunned by us!
I took this picture.
In the contest this week, I would love to invite @niiva2110 to join with me. I love to know what you think about single travelling. ^^
I took this picture on the airplane on my solo travelling.
My life is a long journey!