If you're tired of eating apples, switch to apple pie😜.
If you're bored with peach pie, I'll switch to apple pie 😝
I prefer fewer sweet cakes because this cake is very low in sugar. Depending on the taste of sour or sweet, you can increase or decrease the amount of sugar.
🍎 Apple Pie has a crispy crust, sweet and sour apple filling, fragrant with cinnamon, very suitable for desserts or afternoon tea parties.
- All-purpose flour 200g
- Cold unsalted butter: 120g
- Salt: 2g
- Coldwater 40ml
- 1 yolk + 5g water to spread the cake
- 2 apples
- 50-60g sugar (optional)
- 10ml lemon juice
- 1-2g cinnamon powder (if you don't like the smell of cinnamon, you can replace it with vanilla)
- 12g butter
- Raisins 40-50g + 20ml Rum (grape filling is optional).
🍎 How to:
- Put the flour + salt + cold butter in a mixing bowl quickly. Make sure the butter and flour are blended into small crumbs that don't melt when baking, these butter pieces will boil to give the crust the right texture of a pie crust. (Tip you should use a whisk to mix the dough, avoid letting the heat of your hands make the butter melt quickly).
- Then add water (cold) and mix well when the mixture forms a mass.
- Cover the dough with non-stick paper or wrap with food wrap and put it in the refrigerator. (The purpose is to keep it cold so that the dough is firm enough to roll and to prevent the butter from melting.)
2. Making the cake filling:
- Apple peeled, pulped - diced to taste (about 300g). Raisins soak with Rum for 10 minutes, then squeeze dry.
- Put the sugar in the pan with medium heat, do not need to add water for the sugar to dissolve into caramel.
- Add chopped apples, raisins, and lemon juice, stir well, keep the heat low so that the apples can absorb the sugar. Add cinnamon or vanilla powder.
- Finally, when you see the apples have been hunted, add the butter, stir well, turn off the heat.
🍎 I use 16cm mold, can use aluminum tart mold. Take the cold dough out, roll it into a circle, then place the dough close to the inside of the mold, use a fork to poke a few small dots. Cut the excess dough around the side of the cake, add the apple filling.
🍎 The rest of the dough, roll it, and then cut the yarn to knit to make the cake. Spread some egg yolk on top.
🍎 Preheat oven to 200C for 10 minutes.
Bake the cake at 200C for about 20-25 minutes, be careful not to bake at too low a temperature, the butter will not boil, it will make the cake hard.
Or 180C for about 40-45 minutes, remember to watch the cake not to burn. When you see that the face is golden, you can use foil to cover the cake! So it's done! 😉
This recipe I have consulted and synthesized from many sources online. Thank you for your interest!
This post is 100% written by me, and the pictures are taken by me with my iPhone 7. Thank you for taking the time to read my post, I hope it helps you to relieve some stress at work and feel comfortable reading them. Wishing you a lot of health and joy in life. If you like you can reblog to let everyone know about this post. Thanks a lot.😊