FoodiesBeeHive #12: Creamy Ginataang Manok With Papaya (Chicken With Green Papaya Cooked In Coconut Milk)
Ginataang Manok with Green Papaya is a simple but super delicious Filipino chicken recipe. Most of my fellow Filipino love this chicken dish for some reason because it's very tasty and easy to cook. This chicken dish is perfect for lunch and dinner you can also add more ingredients like Bittermelon leaves or Malunggay leaves. Every time I cooked this dish I can't avoid eating more rice because it is very tasty and yummy. So today let me show you how to cook the Ginataang Manok With Papaya.
List Of Ingredients
▢1 lb Chicken (Manok)
▢1 medium Green Papaya (Papaya)
▢400 ml Coconut Milk (Gata)
▢1 large Red Onion (Sibuyas)
▢4 Cloves Garlic (Bawang)
▢2 thumbs Ginger (Luya)
▢3 tablespoons Cooking Oil (Mantika)
▢Salt & Black Pepper
- Peel the green papaya and remove all the seeds inside and slice small into wedges.
- Chop the red onion into small pieces.
Crushed and chopped 3 cloves of garlic into small pieces.
Peel the ginger and slice shape like a match stick.
- Put the frying pan on the burner and heat cooking oil in a frying pan. Fry the chicken on both sides for about 2 minutes if the chicken turn to color light remove it from the pan and set it aside.
- On the same cooking oil saute onion, garlic, and ginger until softened.
- After the onion, garlic, and ginger become softened put back the pan-fried chicken saute it for up to 2 minutes.
- Pour the coconut milk into the pan leave it to boil. Cook for 20-30 minutes until they become tender.
- After 20-30 minutes of boiling add the sliced green papaya stir and cook for up to 5 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper
My Creamy Ginataang Manok With Papaya (Chicken With Green Papaya Cooked In Coconut Milk)
After 40 minutes of cooking, I transfer my Ginataang Manok With Papaya into a serving plate and it is ready to serve. My wife really likes this dish she eats more rice than me because like I said this chicken recipe is so tasty and yummy. If you want to try to cook this recipe just look out for my ingredients and into my cooking instruction. See you at my next food recipe.
Please Note: In this article, all the images are mine I captured them using my Realme 5 Pro.