Getting started with PolyCub on Polygon: a short walk through of setting up the metamask wallet, adding tokens to metamask wallet and adding tokens to Sushiswap, plus sending Leo to Polygon as pLEO via wrap.
This short walk thorough guide was written to show you how to access Polygon PolyCub from scratch, assuming you haven’t set up your Polygon wallet, and need help with that, and then help you add the Leofinance PolyCub tokens to that wallet and to the SushiSwap token list, so you can stake, swap, and farm Polycub tokens. This isn't investment advice, just a educational post that lists the steps and the contracts you will need to do things at each step.
Preparing your Metamask for your Polycub Airdrop
This is a just the essentials you need to do this, and hopefully help you avoid some frustrations I finding finding web page addresses and token contracts.
MetaMask I have multiple MetaMask wallets.
- Each has three wallets: number one for Ethereum and Ethereum NFT tokens called ERC tokens.
- Number two for Binance BNB and Binance Smart Chain NFT tokens called BEPs.
- And number three which holds the Polygon Matic Token, and Polygon NFT tokens, the Polygon NFT tokens we will focus on are Polycub and pLEO.
- This post will focus creating this third MetaMask wallet to hold polygon tokens.
Modify your MetaMask Wallet to hold Polygon tokens.
- Click on the Network selection dropdown and then click on Custom RPC.
- After selecting Custom RPC, It will open up a form with 2 tabs on the top, Settings and Info.
- In the Settings tab you can add Polygon Mainnet in the Network Name field, URL https://polygon-rpc.com/ in the New RPC URL field, 137 in Chain ID field, MATIC in Currency Symbol field and https://polygonscan.com/ in Block Explorer URL field.
- When you finish adding the information you must click on Save.
- Then you will see a pop up box asking you to switched to Polygon’s Mainnet, which is now in the network dropdown list.
- You can close the dialog box because your done.
- Now your Metamask Wallet is ready to receive tokens.
- We will need to add the Polyhon token to our MetaMask asset list, so it shows up on our list of assets, but we will have to wait until the airdrop to get the token smart contract, then we can add it.
Next you need to add PolyCub and pLEO to your MetaMask asset list, so you need Contract numbers
You will not find PolyCUb and pLEO in your asset list on the Polygon section of your Metamask Wallet.
You need to add two: Polycub and pLEO.
Follow these steps and you should be fine:
- Go to assets, slick it and there will be a short list or it will be blank.
- Scroll to the bottom where you see import Token.
- Click it.
- Now you will see a box with multiple snmaller boxes, click your cursor in the add contract box.
- Paste the PolyCub contract, the other boxes will auto populate.
- Click Okay at the Bottom
- Another box will open saying PolyCub and telling you how many you have in your MetaMask Wallet.
- Then at the bottom click the box which says add token.
- Your done.
Repeat this for pLEO token.
Contract address you will need:
Next you need to add PolyCub and pLEO to the token list on SushiSwap
You add the tokens to Sushi Swap in a similar way to how you added tokens to the asset list in MetaMask.
- On the PolyCub main webpage look to the navigation menu on the left side of the page. - - Find and click the Trade item, it will show a drop down of liquidity or exchange. Select snd and click exchange.
- This will open a window for SushiSwap, now you will have a trading or exchange window.
- Change one of the default pair to PolyCub by erasing one of them and typing pLEO into the box
- They won’t recognize pLEO
- Go to the bottom where it says Manage Token Lists
- Click it
- Another box will open, at the top select
- The default selection is add list, select the selection to the right add token
- The a Token box will open, add the pLEO contract
- It is 0xF826A91e8De52bC1Baf40d88203E572DC2551aa3
- Now all the other boxes will populate with pLEO unknown Polygon token, meaning Polygon does guarantee this isn’t a scam token, so you need to verify the token contract.
- Click add token and now you will see a list of tokens you added to SushiSwaop.
- Now it will take you back to the trading pair and populat one box with pLEO
- Change the other pair to Polycub.
- It won’t recognize it and so you scroll to the bottom and click Manage Token Lists again. Repeat the above steps and then paste in the PolyCub contract address:
- It is: 0x7cc15fef543f205bf21018f038f591c6bada941c
- When your done, you will now be able to buy, sell or exchange Olycub or pLEO on SushiSwap.
- If you don’t do this you won’t be able to farm tokens and you will be quite frustrated.
Sending Leo fromHive to pLEO on Polygon to get PolyCub, Matic or WMATIC.
You need to go to the Leo to PLEO wrap page URL.
Leo to pLEO URL: https://wleo.io/polygon
You will need your Metamaks wallet address
Once you go there it is self explainatory, a box will ask for your Polygon wallet addrees, this is your metamask wallet address.
Then a box will ask for your hive user name,and then how much Leo you wish to convert to pLEO, double check you have enough plus 1 for the transaction fee.
Then add your user name again.
If this doesn't work go to your Leofinance Leo wallet and check that you connected your Metamask to your Leofinance wallet.
Then check transactions you will see a wrap memeo showing you sent so much Leo to PLEO.
Last we need to talk about gas fees.
You need some Matic one is really all you need or one half one! Fees are cheap.
If you have used Ethereum you know that gas is what you pay to transact.
Polygon is cheap, but it’s famous for stuck and failed transactions.
Sorry Polygon, nothing personal, but not I need to be honest.
But there is a very cheap way around it, pay more gas fees and your transactions go through fast.
First, gas fees are pennies, so pay a few more pennies.
You start by performing a transaction like a swap.
Your MetaMask box opens asking you to confirm and pay look at the estimated gas fees box and click Edit not Confirm.
Then a new box will open with a line graph with low medium and high gas fees.
The default is Low fees
First change it to high fees, let that refresh.
Then you will be looking at this box with three fees on the line low, medium, high and you have selected high.Don't confirm.
Next click on Advanced and look at the top box with a gas fees like 272562, change to to 272572 or 272582, yes add 10 or 20, it costs pennies more and your transactions will sail right through.
Shout out to @revisociology and @nealmcspadden they both mentioned it and discord, and @ revisociology mentioned it in his post on polygon.
That’s the beauty of this community always sharing good information. Okay I am done here.
Now your ready to do DeFi, farm, trade and hopefully make some money on Polygon.
Remember to do your own research, and only trade what you can afford to lose.
Good Luck !
Below is contract addresses for tokens, website addresses to send BLEO to pLEO , as in from Binance to Polygon and other useful information!
- Contract addresses
- PolyCub URL: https://polycub.com/farms
- Sushiswap URL: https://app.sushi.com/swap
- Leo to pLEO URL: https://wleo.io/polygon
- PolyCub contract: 0x7cc15fef543f205bf21018f038f591c6bada941c
- Polygon Leo or pLEO contract: 0xF826A91e8De52bC1Baf40d88203E572DC2551aa3
- Polygon PolyCub Contracts list: You need this to use the website Whats My LP worth to determine how much your LP position is worth.
Sushiswap LP tokens:
Posted Using LeoFinance Beta