Giant River Prawn With Garlic and Pepper 🇹🇭
Sa Wad Dee Ka 🙏 Hive community ^^
Today I went to the beach for walking my dog as my routine every week and also visit the local market as usual and surprise to get the Giant River Prawns. 😀
🇹🇭 Thailand used to have a lot of giant river prawns from the nature but now is rare to find because of the pollution so we farm them instead and the mostly raised come from Suphan Buri province which is also my hometown and right now they are facing with Thailand's worst flooding in decades for 6 week and all the farm was sang under the water so it is hard to spot a giant prawn in the market so I got lucky today even if they are always highly prized but sometimes it's alright to treat myself a bit, right?
So today I would like to share with you how to make one of my favorite Giant River Prawns dish "Giant River Prawn with Garlic and Pepper" I just love how easy this recipe and bring the feeling like it’s been served in a fancy restaurant or at least I try. 😆
Garlic and Pepper sticky glaze is a classic Thai preparation. This recipe will unpeeled the head that contained the golden fat because it's the most delicious and precious part and it's rich shrimp butter and creamy taste.
I think it’s one of the most expensive Thai ingredients and some said Giant river prawns always cost so much that it feels like you're eating gold. 😆
Taking a spoonful of prawn meat combined with the golden fat was very delicious and delightful especially serving with Thai Jasmin rice.
You can’t go wrong with this recipe. So let's see the ingredients.
- 700 Gram
- 1 cup pounding garlic
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoon fish sauce
Jump to Cook.
- Clean the prawn and cut of all the leg and peel off the shell around the body and cut the back and take away he black vein and set aside.
*** Can safe the long front legs with claws and using it with another spicy soup. Their texture and taste is the same as fresh crab claw meat.
- Pounding the garlic and set aside.
- Pour the oil into the medium high heat. Toss the prawns into all purpose flour and drop into the hot pan then deep fried the prawns until golden yellow and put over the rack and set aside.
- Drop the vegetable oil then add the garlic and let's cook until crispy golden yellow then put it over the sieve and set aside.
- Using the same pan then add the all sauce, garlic and whisk them and drop the fried prawns and brush all the sauce to the prawns. Put them to the dish and add the garlic.
Let's taste the white flesh and rich golden prawn fat.
It might not sound like much cooking method but it's a very wonderful dish and I'm feeling delight to support farmers from my hometown. 😀Perhaps it's better to buy the farmed prawns and leave the rest to nature.
Hope you guys have a great day ahead.