PYPT #2 - Tomorrow, October 14th at Noon (12pm) Eastern Time
Come and share your posts, meet new people
Pimp Your Post Thursday (PYPT) is on tomorrow, Oct 14th. For those who don’t know what PYPT is — it’s a show to share your writing, get exposed to others writing and meet people. Writers from any site are welcome to take part, including if you want to share from your own blog.
The show ran for over 2 years until I took a break for a year. A lot of good friendships and connections were made. I’m delighted to bring it back. It’s hard to get eyes on your content, PYPT is another way to do so while meeting others.
The Details On How to Take Part.
Place: PYPT is hosted on the DreemPort discord server
Time: Noon (12pm) EST
There’s not a lot of rules to follow, but there are a few:
- The post/article must be in English or have an English version.
- The post can be your own or some else’s that you’d like to support.
- You can present more than one post but you have to wait for a turn on each post. You can’t present more than one post at the same time.
- If the post is behind a paywall, like on Medium, use your friend link so everyone can have a look.
- If possible, leave a comment on the posts to let them know you were there. Comments are an important way of engaging content creators.
- Upvotes are good where applicable.
- If you are not able to present using the voice chat, you can use text. See the tips below.
Tips to Help You
- Voice can be intimidating — it’s not as hard as you might think and we’re pretty patient with learners.
- You’re only a stranger once. We all know what that’s like and are always willing to help.
- If you’re new to voice, try joining a bit early to test your mic and get help if you need it.
- Use the Push to Talk settings for Discord
- Everyone has to take turns — there is an emoji to drop into the text channel to be added to the list. That will be explained at the start of the show.
- When it’s your turn — put your link in the text chat and come on voice
- Presenting by text — when your turn is called you must have a short write up to copy/paste into the text channel with your link. I’ll read it out for you.
- Use a short elevator type pitch to describe the writing you’re sharing. You want to get people interested in going to look.
- Audience members can ask questions and make comments about the post or the topic. Sometimes a discussion will break out.
- You’re not required to share in order to attend. Just drop in and listen to see what’s going on, that’s okay.
I try to keep a pretty relaxed atmosphere. The rules create a structure so there is a fairly smooth flow.
I hope to see you join us on Thursdays at noon Eastern time in the Dreemport Discord.
If you don’t know what the DreemPort project is, ask. You’re going to love it. Another way to share your content while earning Dreem tokens.
Shadowspub is a writer from Ontario, Canada. She writes on a variety of subjects as she pursues her passion for learning. She also writes on other platforms and enjoys creating books you use like journals, notebooks, coloring books etc.
She created Prompt A Day to share with others. You can subscribe to Prompt A Day to get started. You choose between the Daily Edition or the Mon/Thurs Edition