Mushrooms After The Rain

avatar

2.jpg

Mushrooms have a tendency to sprout up overnight, after a heavy downfall. This is because mushrooms need a lot of water to sprout and grow. Prior to this, mushroom spores lay dormant in the ground hiding in the soil, or bark mulch waiting for conditions that are just right. As quickly as they sprout up, mushrooms can also rot within a day.

The following mushrooms appeared along my walk route one day. These are wild mushrooms, and they are poisonous. So, they are not edible. Since they are poisonous, it is advisable not to handle them with bare hands because spores might stick to your hands and somehow get into your body.

If you are walking your dog, keep them away from the mushrooms. They might have the urge to sniff the mushrooms, and spores entering their system might make them sick.

2b.jpg

2c.jpg

2d.jpg

3.jpg

3a.jpg

3b.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

7.jpg

ecency.png

follow_2.png



0
0
0.000
8 comments
avatar

pixresteemer_incognito_angel_mini.png
Bang, I did it again... I just rehived your post!
Week 105 of my contest just started...you can now check the winners of the previous week!
15

0
0
0.000
avatar

a lovely sharp macros, some nice angles of view. the post is supported by FL community account upvote.

0
0
0.000
avatar

Thank you for your nice comments and for your support. Much appreciated.

0
0
0.000
avatar

We consider mushroom as the umbrella of frogs. One of my very good friend capture macro photographs of mushroom and he lives near aceh forest. These they have colorful mushrooms. Those are really amazing and not good for eating.

0
0
0.000
avatar

Yes, it is best not to eat wild mushrooms.

0
0
0.000