The seasons: they are a'changin...
Last summer, I lamented that we didn't have one. Every year, I was lyrical about how I love autumn. This year, the weather's more like spring - even though the trees and vineyards are dressed in their rich autumn splendour as the harvest heads towards its end.
It's not just the weather that changes. It's the felines' behaviour.
In summer, Princess Pearli is in late and leaves early - without breakfast. As the weather cools, all three are still home in the mornings. This is not the stairway to heaven. Nope. These are the breakfast sentries. Waiting to see which of their humans will head to the kitchen first. For breakfast duty - just theirs you understand!
It's also the beginning of the annual turf wars season. There are three sites of struggle. Ahem... This week it was my desk.
This is a first. They're uncomfortable bedfellows and there's a little of a ginger size
However, what the the little black pearl doesn't have in girth, she has in cattitude. In spades. Not that Rambo seems perturbed!
Until next time, be well
The Sandbag House
McGregor, South Africa
If this post might seem familiar, it's because I'm doing two things:
- re-vamping old recipes. As I do this, I am adding them in a file format that you can download and print. If you download recipes, buy me a coffee. Or better yet, a glass of wine....?
- and "re-capturing" nearly two years' worth of posts.
- From Wordpress, I use the Exxp Wordpress plugin. If this rocks your socks, click here or on on the image below to sign up.
- Join Hive using this link and then join us in the Silver Bloggers' community.
Original artwork: @artywink
- lastly, graphics are created using partly my own photographs, images available freely available on @hive.blog and Canva.