RUN – Special Issue Number 1 – 1985
Cover of the 1985 Special Edition of RUN Magazine
RUN covered Commodore's 8-bit computer line, primarily the Commodore 64. I bought this magazine regularly starting a few years later, especially after Commodore stopped publishing Commodore Magazine. This was the 13th issue so it would have been published sometime between December 1984 and January 1985. I guess they were selling enough issues at that time to justify publishing an extra bonus issue around the holidays. This issue includes:
- Sound and Music - A programming guide for creating sound on the Commodore 64 and VIC 20.
- Introduction to Graphics - An introduction to creating graphics on the Commodore 64 and VIC-20. This article covers everything from the basic PETSCII character set to bit-mapped/high-resolution graphics to sprites.
- Color You C-64 Canvas - Another graphics programming article. This one goes into more detail on creating high resolution graphics on the Commodore 64.
- Sprite Delight - A type-in program for creating sprites on the Commodore 64.
- Create Your Own Characters - A type-in program to aid in the creation of custom character sets on the VIC-20.
- Picture This... - A type-in drawing program for the VIC-20.
Table of Contents from the 1985 Special Edition of RUN Magazine
- RUNning Ruminations - The letter from the editor, this month introducing this special issue of RUN.
- How To Type Listings From RUN - Some tips on typing in the programs included in the magazine.
- Magic - RUN's monthly hardware and software tips and trick section, offering including small pieces of code. This special issue includes a compilation of tips from the previous year as well as new tips and tricks for this issue.
Table of Contents from the 1985 Special Edition of RUN Magazine (continued)