🍉 [MELN] Weekly EXODE Wrap-Up #24
Based on a couple comments last week, I have wrote this explanation of EXODE's Alpha Contracts and cards. If you have any questions about them, please refer to this post! I go through each card individually and give my opinion on them.
I would like to thank everyone who gave us feedback on a community contest, 🍉 [MELN] will likely host one eventually, and we will keep your comments in mind when we do.
I'd like to thank @jacobpeacock for the EXODE NFT tips he has given me.
We have gotten much more information on wildlife and their attacks, which you can see an example of above. There are more than 43 different types of attacks, including how it attacks, where it attacks, and whether or not it has any special effects (such as poison).
Wildlife attack behavior has been split into 5 archetypes, those being:
● "barbarian (charges right into the group screaming),
● warrior (normal individual combat),
● rogue (hides and ambushes you from behind!)
● ranger (fires/throws/spits or strikes from afar if possible, or attacks in skirmish),
● commander (attacks in groups with hierarchy with commanding creatures and its henchmen)," - @elindos
Wildlife has different grouping variants, those being:
● "single (or small pack with commander ie 1d6 + 1 units)
● packs (only attacks in packs ie 2d6 units)
● swarm (only attacks in swarms ie 1d100)" - @elindos
Wildlife can have subclasses, those being:
● "weak" (weak attack and health)
● "balanced" (resists well and hurts a lot)
● "tank" (a rather massive health but weaker strikes)
● "damage" (massive quick damage)
● "spectacular" (a super-heroic way to survive and damage people, a bit like our earth-like flea able to jump one meter and survive a lot of things ; you can't deal with spectacular easily, especially large sized)." - @elindos
25 - 40 new unique attributes have been added to current wildlife, with 10 - 25 being combat related and 15 being cosmetic related. This means if you have a planet and have found wildlife on it, they have now received combat abilities. "The new attributes includes combat health, combat courage, but also style of combat (charging you, ambushing you, etc) and the creature available attacks. Creatures can have at least one attack, and sometimes more. Attacks are classified among 44 attack types plus one location variant (with 10 different values) and one damage variant (with 4 different types and 12 possible values), with also 10 power ranks and 10 secondary effect ranks." - @elindos
Away Teams is now accepting new players who have been active in the Discord Server for 2 weeks, and next week will likely bring some sort of gameplay to the challenge. The criteria for joining are:
"be on discord since a few weeks, be active, polite and participative, have some basic understanding of all things EXODE, and of course to want to participate to the current challenge." - @elindos
Most (if not all) of the bugs related to the Away Teams Challenge have been fixed. If you were suffering from any of these, hopefully you will not any more!
This week, you have a chance of winning:
1x Black Lotus
In the past, I failed to see the utility of this card compared to the default Navy Lieutenant starting ship. However, I believe that the 3 Equipment Sets makes up the difference of other stats. Being able to bring in an extra one will be invaluable, although the Drachian Mantis is still the best ship in the game if you can upgrade it to max. We do not know what the ship keywords will do yet, so there is no point commenting on them, but @elindos has told me that "Cloaking will make this ship a master of space travel and recolonization."
Congratulations @jdike, BEAUTY Capsule # 79322b9e2140963819fc7234f03a6819 has been sent to you. I thought I recognized your name and it turns out you won the last 🍉 [MELN] Giveaway as well. You are very lucky!
➡️How To Enter:
- Upvote this post
- Reblog this post
- Comment whether you like the full-explanations in the News section or if you would prefer shorter ones with a link to where it was mentioned as I have done in the past.
The winner will be chosen by random on Monday, February 21st.
As usual, I will be tipping comments with #hivepizza!
EXODE is a real-time strategy space colonization game here on the Hive Blockchain. If you still have not bought your starter pack and signed up, use this Referral Code(c956af8) and you'll also receive 2 free Alpha Booster Packs with 5 NFT cards each and a free Epic Alpha Character. For more information and links, check out the developer's page, @elindos and/or this post.