Homemade Chicken Nuggets: Better Than The "Real" One
Children and Chicken Nuggets
I honestly do not know what's with chicken nuggets that children love them. Not sure if it were just my kids, but judging by how a famous fast-food chain has chicken nuggets in their kids' meal combo, I'd say that it must really be the case.
Needless to say, chicken nuggets have almost become a staple in our kitchen. It's easy to cook and no doubt, my kids love them. I used to buy boxed chicken nuggets from the frozen food section of the supermarket until I decided to make them on my own.
My children immediately knew that they were not the "real" chicken nuggets when they saw how irregularly shaped my homemade nuggets were compared to the ones that they got used to eating. They did not want to try it.
For them, it is not chicken nuggets if they did not come from the box.
Finally, better than the "real" chicken nuggets.
The picky eaters have now come to accept that mommy is the one who will make their chicken nuggets. They even complimented the last two batches I made -- it is better than the "real" chicken nuggets. 😆 What's "real" chicken nuggets by the way?!
"This is even "real-er" than the reel one", I just said.
So without further ado, let me share my very simple and easy chicken nuggets recipe.
Chicken Nuggets Recipe
- 1 large chicken breast
- 3 tbsps all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 large egg
- vegetable stock cubes
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper
- Cut the chicken breast in a crosswise manner to butterfly cut, then wrap in a cling film and pound to tenderize the meat.
- Cut the meat into small pieces and then add the rest of the ingredients and mix until the pieces are completely coated.
3. Prepare the coating by mixing the breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, and vegetable stock cubes. Since the vegetable stock is in cube form, make sure that it is properly mixed with the breadcrumbs. Run it between your thumb and forefinger to make sure there are no lumps.
4. Coat the chicken cutlets one by one with breadcrumbs and put them in a container.
Top each layer with wax paper or cling film so that they will not stick with each other and will be easy to handle later.
That's it! Our very own version of chicken nuggets.
I hope you liked this very easy and simple preparation. Let me know how it goes should you decide to try it, or any suggestions from how you make yours...