Ten tips for a hopeful and more humanistic academia.
Maja Korica shared 10 tips for a hopeful and more humanistic academia.
1. Value teaching, student support and collegiality.
2. Respect administrative and support colleagues.
3. Don’t be Reviewer 2 or the editor that empowers them.
4. Don’t be inappropriate.
5. Call out bad behaviour.
6. Be human first.
7. Make room for others.
8. Work toward liveable pay.
9. Use your power to craft better systems.
10. Model a better academic reality.
I love the ending in the paper... each choice speaks. Our silences do too.
For details, read the full paper here.
The rewards earned on this comment will go directly to the people sharing the post on Twitter as long as they are registered with @poshtoken. Sign up at https://hiveposh.com.